Do not use clay bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh thanks @Hipster!!! I slathered it all over my truck, went to the beach, and now just look at it.
You must be registered for see images attach

All SUNBURNED :mad:
It'll be alright, doesn't look 2nd degree and really to blister up. Someone boosted your trim rings and center caps while you were there.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh thanks @Hipster!!! I slathered it all over my truck, went to the beach, and now just look at it.

All SUNBURNED :mad:
I worked with a guy that had a near identical 2500, It had really low miles on it. 60-70k. I tried to buy it. He gave it to his son as a gift and the son turned around and traded it in for a little bit of nothing on a car. Super clean truck and hadn't long been repainted. It was immaculate but for some peeling paint before the paint. I was mad but dear old dad about lost his mind over it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I talked to them at MAACO when I was looking into having mine done. They went from ~$1300 for single stage up to ~$3800 for bc/cc cut & buff. I looked at some of their work sitting out waiting to be picked up, including a 66 Goat. I had a hard time telling the difference between single and bc/cc. I decided to forego the cut and buff which was ~$800 by itself. I went with a little door ding repairs, sealer, primer, 3 coats of base, and 4 coats of clear, IIRC. The painter laid it out nice and smooth, for the most part, I did find a couple sags later but, it looked great. I can always go back and have it buffed out I guess. The entire cost there was a little over $2800, then I put all new trim, grille, front bumper, valance, rear bumper cover, etc for another $1000. I'm happy with it for the investment of ~$4000 total. It's not a $10,000 show quality job but, it's better than an $899 one. :biggrin:
Looked good enough to us, to get you Truck of the Year.....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You had some closer pics on one of your threads, I think you got a good job for a fair price.
Yeah, here's an example of them filling in a little ding, laying out the paint, and one of everybody/s pet peeve with MAACO - they still need to learn how to mask properly!

Before, this is an old MAACO single stage from ~2001, note the little ding in the B pillar. That's about the worst dent in the whole truck.

After, with bc/cc and piss poor masking. :321:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After, with bc/cc and piss poor masking.
What’s been seen cannot be unseen. I’m never voting for your truck again.

:rotflmao: Just kidding. It’s still a beautiful truck.

I have thought about doing most of the prep work myself, including masking all the edges THEN taking it to maaco, then again, I’m also learning how to do my own bodywork and paint. I’d just like to get it all one color because it will be many years before I’m ready to do a full restoration. Might do the rust-oleum/Japan drier/hardener route

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, here's an example of them filling in a little ding, laying out the paint, and one of everybody/s pet peeve with MAACO - they still need to learn how to mask properly!

Before, this is an old MAACO single stage from ~2001, note the little ding in the B pillar. That's about the worst dent in the whole truck.

After, with bc/cc and piss poor masking. :321:
If that is the only masking mistake then they did pretty good. I'm not even gonna show you my truck,it's got sh*t like that all over it. I've been removing some of the uglier spots with brake cleaner on the corner of a rag.