CCSB sub box build - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Box look's great, that suck's about the sub's, I have alway's taken a regular dual 12 behind the seat truck box and made nice spacer ring's to allow for use of regular 12 in sub's, I will be doing the same in my crew cab with my JL W3's.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Addiction, yea that sucks man! I really don't want to cut my truck either. I use the bed tons. I just want loud deep bass and I know I wont be satisfied til i get it! One bucket seat is a good idea too! Never really thought of that.

Draggin, do you think under the seat box wld be my best route? I want my subs to SLAM! I would almost be willing to take out the whole freakin seat to get the results I want!

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
blowthrough or a wall IMO i had 2 15s in a decent size box and they slammed

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
there is several different ways you can go with besides cutting the bed and cab. you can LIFT the rear seat. i lifted my old bench seat up about 4inches with some brackets i made so i could fit 2 12s forwards under the rear bench.
im not sure how CC rear seats are so no positive how easy it would be for you to lift. im 6ft tall and raising the seat 4inches made the headroom limited BUT still alright i just wouldnt have took a road trip riding in the back bench ;)
very little headroom.LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

and heres my newer setup with the single bucket seat. its just the front passenger seat from a tahoe or suburban 60/40 40section only. which is why it doesnt have a arm rest. tho if i find another with a arm rest in good shape i might swap out the rear seat for one with arm rest. i just had to cut the inner bracket to fit the floor. so instead of 4 mounting points it only has 3 now. i figure good enough. i got hardened bolts and multiple larger washers under so it should withstand a wreck no problem and stay inplace! i also used the front seat belt latch as well. seems to work good.

that box is a monster.... the top didnt turn out as good as i wanted it to tho. i wanted to have a nice gap and then put some lighting inside to give a nice glow. BUT after all was built.... well its not enough space when it comes to subs carpet and wraped carpet over top. just didnt turn out how i imagined it.... it happens. o well i can always rebuild ;)
i want to lower the top and move subwoofers to front firing and maybe put the amp on top inside a flush mount hidden wires kinda setup. i just havent felt like pulling it all out and redoing it just yet.

so you got plenty of choices other than blow thru or full wall. and with enough thought and planning and maybe a retry or two ;) you can get it real nice. ive seen some real bad ass setups if you got some skills ;) I LOVE THIS ONE but no way id want to do all that sanding and shaping on the whole interior.LOL

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I talked to a shop that will trade out my memphis shallows for two of the new memphis m5's. I am lookin for some bucket seats and I am gonna build a custom center console. The console will include the two 12s and maybe a screen and some cupholders. Gotta start workin on a design...

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is several different ways you can go with besides cutting the bed and cab. you can LIFT the rear seat. i lifted my old bench seat up about 4inches with some brackets i made so i could fit 2 12s forwards under the rear bench.
im not sure how CC rear seats are so no positive how easy it would be for you to lift. im 6ft tall and raising the seat 4inches made the headroom limited BUT still alright i just wouldnt have took a road trip riding in the back bench ;)
very little headroom.LOL

and heres my newer setup with the single bucket seat. its just the front passenger seat from a tahoe or suburban 60/40 40section only. which is why it doesnt have a arm rest. tho if i find another with a arm rest in good shape i might swap out the rear seat for one with arm rest. i just had to cut the inner bracket to fit the floor. so instead of 4 mounting points it only has 3 now. i figure good enough. i got hardened bolts and multiple larger washers under so it should withstand a wreck no problem and stay inplace! i also used the front seat belt latch as well. seems to work good.

that box is a monster.... the top didnt turn out as good as i wanted it to tho. i wanted to have a nice gap and then put some lighting inside to give a nice glow. BUT after all was built.... well its not enough space when it comes to subs carpet and wraped carpet over top. just didnt turn out how i imagined it.... it happens. o well i can always rebuild ;)
i want to lower the top and move subwoofers to front firing and maybe put the amp on top inside a flush mount hidden wires kinda setup. i just havent felt like pulling it all out and redoing it just yet.

so you got plenty of choices other than blow thru or full wall. and with enough thought and planning and maybe a retry or two ;) you can get it real nice. ive seen some real bad ass setups if you got some skills ;) I LOVE THIS ONE but no way id want to do all that sanding and shaping on the whole interior.LOL
I'm having trouble posting pics of my box but I'll try again later. How bad was it with a bench and 4" raise? I have to lift mine 3" I also am going to have to cut panels and sheet metal behind panels to fit my box. I am gonna run four sundown sa8 v2's. Was a custom design which the guy who builds it calls hypertune. I've heard two 8's on 200 rms in a similar enclosure and it will blow your mind. Would believe they are 8's

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the bench wasnt to bad but nto for tall people to ride back there. but i rarely had anyone back there! i had it that way for about a year or two before switching to single bucket and big bass.
only thing i would do different with my next floor box would be is to use as much MDF on the floors flat spots as i can to keep down the cost of fiberglass and resin! a whole floor glassed sucked cost wise. but once i started it there was no turning back i had to finish.lol
but i wouldnt cut any sheet metal or panels. depending what metal you cut you can really hurt the cabs structure stability! you dont want to be in a accident/rollover and have the cab crush more than it was designed to! i would lift the seat more and leave the metal factory.
but easiest way to fit alot of bass and still seat one person is like what i did and just slap a bucket seat in there.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up this monster today for $100! Now I gotta come up with a design...

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my phone using my fingers

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
me likey, what a steal cant wait to see it in. are u still gonna do a box under ur bench