CCSB sub box build - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The box is finished. I am running all new memphis wiring to replace the cheap walmart wire. Then I will mount the amp and move box behind seat. Here are a few pics of the box. Oh yea, I went to a local dealer to pick up the memphis wiring kit anf the owner told me that the new kenwood shallows hit way harder then my memphis shallows! Kinda wishing I had looked into them. He sells both so I don't see why he would tell me that if it wasn't true. Anybody heard the new kenwoods?
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the dealer told me to take it easy on the subs for the first two weeks. He said these subs were prone to blowing. I have had the subs hooked up less than 24 hrs w amp only half way and havent played the subs loud at all. Blew one already. I have read online tonight where lots of ppl complaining bout these subs blowing. I am gonna call memphis monday. I really was skeptical about shallows in general, now even more so. I just dont believe they are capable of performing like full size subs. What are yals thoughts?

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well there is a break in period for any sub but that is ridiculous.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, that is what I was thinkin too. I wasnt playin em loud at all and the sub just blew. Along with everything I am reading I am really having second thoughts. The dealer I deal with is an honest guy and he warned me. He even told me that memphis realizes the problem and is redesigning the shallow for next year's model. I have always been happy with memphis products and I am pretty disappointed in these shallows. I really wish I could make a fullsize pair of subs fit. I am gonna have to give it some more thought...

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think memphis subs are great. Their shallow mounts are obviously poorly designed and I am glad they are gonna fix them (hopefully). I just wish I knew all this before I bought them. I really dont think I am gonna be satisfied until I go all out with a blow-through!ftw

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well a blow thru is a huge commitment! cut the bed and cab wall is a big choice. ive thought about it ever since my first truck BUT ive ditched that idea along time ago as well. i need all the bed space i can get.
so i just took out most my rear seat and just put a single bucket seat back there. ;) works great for me! with my trucks 60/40 and rear bucket seat i still got enough room to fit 4 people in my truck! i love it. but i do want to rebuild my box and maybe down grade the subs to 12s again.
bass is great till ya have a freak accident and rupture your ear drum and get nerve damage :( and sad part is it wasnt even bass related! stupid air line blew and flew up right inline with my right ear and ive had a ringing for almost a year now that gets worse after i bump my system that whole night. its funny how they say loud music will blow your ears out BUT IT HASNT.... but a stupid 3/8air line and 3gallons of 120psi air will pop that sucker and do more damage in a split second than 10+years of bass has done.LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie