Decided to build a sub box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I should admit that I'm not that advanced of a cabinet maker. when I started working as an installer and learning the ropes I was suprised how well good cabinets are made with the mortise and tenons. Depending on what I'm making I will do a joint but not here, plywood, standard wood glue and screws. haha

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I made some Craftsman style stuff I used my mortising drill bits (it's neat drilling a square hole with a drill press, ha ha) and a tenoning jig for my table saw. I also have the Kreg pocket screw set. Fun stuff! Anyway, sorry for the high jack!:33:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
thanks guys! If I get a turkey it will be a miracle. LMAO my bush is only 5 acres, I manage it, theres trails I have deer stands and a couple ground blinds. turkeys dont really live here this time of the year with the exception of a couple hens that will brood some poults. Iv hunted turkeys for ten years or so now and only ever harvested 2. they are difficult to hunt and I dont understand how most people just go out and shoot one. ********. lmao.

all winter long there is a flock of about 30 and then they leave in the spring when the ground turns to mud.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
well, it's done! I have not tested it out yet. I will probably just throw it in my sierra to do that. as I just need to unplug its sub and plug this one in. I think I want some rubber corners guitar amps have but other than that it's done!

CHEERS!

Al
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Test Complete! I like the lightening audio sub much better.... talk about a custom fit sub... I paid no attention to box size and started with a cabinet drawer and slowly shaved it down with a hand planer until it fit all the contours of the floor, it is a down firing box.... here it is.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
It does sound nice and my buddy would probably really like it....

I have some ground loop feed back issues goin on, I have since I first built it and installed everything. my audio wires are in one sill plate and the power wire is in the other sill plate.... I'm not educated in audio enough to figure out WTF is happening, I know it's a ground loop but dont know how to stop it. it rises with the engine and comes out the sub! GRRRRRR!

any suggestions?

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good :waytogo: I usually use a rattle can of Minwax Polycrylic Gloss Clear coat to cover the mitered edges. So far it blends nicely with the prefinished ply. I put it on thick so I get a smooth finish.