Getting a Sound system together for my Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grube

Reaction score
You can make spacers out of 1/4"(or whatever works) plywood/MDF that will move them out and provide a much more stable mounting.

That is a good idea. Unfortunately, I don’t have any on hand - and the lumber yard is closed Sundays. This was a “make do” kind of idea. That said, I think the butyl gasket I made “sucked down” nicely when I snugged the screws up, and didn’t seem to shift or squish out. I am hopeful it will stay together, but time will tell. If I start hearing rattles - it will come apart again and I’ll be making a run to the lumber yard lol

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a good idea. Unfortunately, I don’t have any on hand - and the lumber yard is closed Sundays. This was a “make do” kinda of idea. They said, I think the butyl gasket I made “sucked down” nicely when I snugged the screws up, and didn’t seem to shift or squish out. I am hopeful it will stay together, but time will tell. If I start hearing rattles - it will come apart again and I’ll be making a run to the lumber yard lol
Aaaaaah...the ol' it will do for now trap!! Lol
We have ALL been there.
Put a system in my Megacab about 15yrs ago.. wiring is still a horrible mess!!!
I'm sure your solution will be just fine. Worse ways to go about it.
Enjoy your new tunes.
4-12's next??? You have room to spare!!! Lol

Grube

Reaction score
Aaaaaah...the ol' it will do for now trap!! Lol
We have ALL been there.
Put a system in my Megacab about 15yrs ago.. wiring is still a horrible mess!!!
I'm sure your solution will be just fine. Worse ways to go about it.
Enjoy your new tunes.
4-12's next??? You have room to spare!!! Lol

Here’s hoping it holds together lmao. It’ll be fine *cross fingers*.
I was thinking of putting a small sub box under passenger seat area, as I don’t wanna take up any of the precious cargo room. If I can fit something under the seat that’ll be the way to go.

Got both front doors together now, and stuck some sound deadening onto the rear floor. Flipped the carpet down and reinstalled cargo links with RTV on the threads.. On a smoke break, then back to reinstalling all the trim panels in cargo area. Still have rear doors and roof speakers to do as well. Slowly coming together lol

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 5

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s hoping it holds together lmao. It’ll be fine *cross fingers*.
I was thinking of putting a small sub box under passenger seat area, as I don’t wanna take up any of the precious cargo room. If I can fit something under the seat that’ll be the way to go.

Got both front doors together now, and stuck some sound deadening onto the rear floor. Flipped the carpet down and reinstalled cargo links with RTV on the threads.. On a smoke break, then back to reinstalling all the trim panels in cargo area. Still have rear doors and roof speakers to do as well. Slowly coming together lol
Looking good.
Never seen that brand before,(not that I've looked in a long time) cheaper than Dynamat I assume.
Even a little 8" will make all the difference in the world. Should be able to squeeze that somewhere.

Grube

Reaction score
Looking good.
Never seen that brand before,(not that I've looked in a long time) cheaper than Dynamat I assume.
Even a little 8" will make all the difference in the world. Should be able to squeeze that somewhere.
VEVOR is cheap overseas stuff, they make all sorts of neat tools actually. But quality is always hit&miss a bit.

I was sitting in my buddies truck the other day that he just put subs in — reminded me of my high school days haha. Figured I should get a small under the seat sub to “complete the system”.. I mean, I’ve gone this far.

So I shopped around for deals as usual, found a special on a nice Hertz unit with built in amp. Measured under pass seat and should fit ok - there’s even power/ground cables already there from a previous owners amp lol

This is the one - still on sale for fellow Canadians till the 8th.

Nice install!

I'm still waiting to install my setup that I purchased ... wait for it... on Black Friday 2022!

You've inspired me to take another run at it. As soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Thank you — haha I’ve got parts on the shelf for vehicles I don’t even own anymore lmao. Projects that ended up sold before I got around to adding the stuff