92 2500 6 lug 4x4 NV4500 built SBC ext cab short box long term build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of the crossmember I was taking about. It’s riveted in so I need to grind the rivets and swap it. On second thought it’s more like a carriage bolt but it doesn’t seem to have a bolt on the top side. Anyways that’s a job for once this one is completed. It’s so bent that it contacted the driveshaft and the previous owner simply replaced the driveshaft but left the crossmember all bent up and about to contact the new shaft.

The exhaust was shot so I really had no option other than to turbocharge it lol
Cannot argue with that logic

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It’s running pretty good, it goes for exhaust in 2 weeks. Open Y pipe no cats or mufflers. After much thought I decided to leave it NA for this summer. It’s getting a 3.5” exhaust from the Y pipe, pro done, side exit single 3.5 real simple.

Later on it will be a single 3.5” downpipe from the turbo linking up with the new stuff I’m adding now.

Now it’s time for the new used crossmember, 3” lowering keys, lowering shocks, drop hangers, lowering shackles and new u bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5421.jpeg
    IMG_5421.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 6

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it’s a big day today the truck goes for inspection. Up till now I haven’t been able to drive except on my acreage so this should be a big step. Cab corners need to be replaced but it’s coming along! The front suspension is back together and 2.5” lower. Head down ass up till I can lower the rear 5”.

Attachments

• IMG_5718.jpeg
    IMG_5718.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5717.jpeg
    IMG_5717.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 7

Oldman69

Reaction score
Just love this thread. You guys know your ****. I normally work with hammers that weigh 1-2 oz. Hope that is a clue.

Thinking about the things I have let lip through my fingers...

My father-in-law's 68 GTO convertible with 2 speed rear and alum body. He offered to me for $500

My mother- in-law's 67 Cougar which I did get but traded in on a new 84 T bird turbo coupe also her 1987 Skylark

My father's Rambler Ambassador wagon took me to Tahoe many times. He gave it to me

There is more