Any long term or short term problems with running 1 catalytic converter on one bank and the other bank doesn’t have one on a Y-pipe setup exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's possible the early V6 trucks had the black box still, but the 02 V6 NBS I owned was definitely not a black box ECM.
Yes that’s what I was trying to make valid on and explain wasn’t that I was purposely talkin crazy o .. I wondered the same thing when I seen all these 99 NBS Trucks with black boxes and most 5.3 were the new style ..
The connectors are the same just diff colors .. it should be a plug play and pin perfectly the way it sits if I plug in my truck connectors to the 99 box .

If I had the spare time to leave my truck down I would have def just sent out my pcm. I mean im making moves man every day I’ve bought these pcms since I’ve made the topic yea I’ve changed my mind some and over looked things a bit but when I need to fix something I do it .. I don’t just talk I go search purchase and Wrench sooner the better .. I’m only here for the learning curve and help ..

Side question??

So what does it take for somebody to get acquainted with HP tuners on their own without any explanation “Human Help”
What do you need and what does the set up cost?
Are there Vids only to learn it or is it self explanatory
Will I have to make my own GMT 400 connectors and what kind of computer do you need software, etc. etc..

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find someone in your area who has HPTuners and take your truck to them. That's the easiest and fastest way to get your truck tuned. Or, as I and others suggested earlier, put cats on the and don't tune it at all. Either way, no need for extra ECM purchases or anything else.