NV4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoloMan687

Reaction score
Here’s the deal I own a 1991 gmc sierra K1500 4x4 5 speed manual transmission. I’ve already had the manual gearbox replaced once cause the casing cracked. I’m looking for a more reliable version of the manual gearbox that wouldn’t require much modification. I still want to be able to use the external slave cylinder I’ve been doing some reading and it’s leaning towards a NV4500 and thoughts to help me. The shop I take my truck to had a really hard time finding the first replacement manual gearbox and he said that alot of the rebuild parts he can’t get them. Any advice?? I got the RPO codes from the glove box but still I’m not sure what manual trans I have in it
You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have the lite duty trans, think it’s the Getrag something. The NV4500 you want is 1992-95. Uses external slave, might even bolt up, never crossed parts over. As for parts, pretty sure parts are available for these just as much as newer o es. Check out torgueking.com. Good info as well as parts. Not sure where you are, plus pending a sale but I have a rebuilt 4500 that I got a awesome deal on..