Nv4500 clutch recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had original flywheel resurfaced last year for $50 and new Luk disc and pp parts, new TO bearing and slave while I was in there. Been working great.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah,make sure you get a new pilot bearing,they don't normally include those in the clutch kit. I prefer the old bronze bushings over the needle bearing type.

Jason_Staggs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the price of getting yours resurfaced,it more than likely is better quality than that $70 chinese POS. Last time I had a flywheel resurfaced it cost me $35 but that was 20yrs ago.
I’ll check on a price but I live in a small town so I would likely need to travel at least an hour to find someone to resurface it.

OhU8one2

Reaction score
I’ll check on a price but I live in a small town so I would likely need to travel at least an hour to find someone to resurface it.
For myself and being in your situation,I would prefer to have the factory flywheel resurfaced rather than buying something from China. After tearing it all down,last thing you want is a warped flywheel.
I have the same transmission in my 93 K1500,a fully loaded Silverado ex-cab with a stump puller tranny. Someone had to special order this beast,and I'm nearing 300K miles and runs like no tomorrow.

Jason_Staggs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For myself and being in your situation,I would prefer to have the factory flywheel resurfaced rather than buying something from China. After tearing it all down,last thing you want is a warped flywheel.
I have the same transmission in my 93 K1500,a fully loaded Silverado ex-cab with a stump puller tranny. Someone had to special order this beast,and I'm nearing 300K miles and runs like no tomorrow.
You’re one of maybe 5 other half ton nv4500 owners I know of. Congrats brother

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You’re one of maybe 5 other half ton nv4500 owners I know of. Congrats brother
My '94 GMC C1500 ECSB was ordered with it, great truck, but I wanted to lower it and my normal routine of doing this with a GMT400 half ton includes raising the Y-pipe because that's one of the lowest things below the frame. On a C1500 with an NV4500, the tailshaft housing also hangs below the frame. No way to solve that without major re-engineering.. so I sold it. :(

Richard

tardisguy

Reaction score
I put a nv4500 in my 91 1500 ecsb in 2016. Luk clutch kit, stock replacement flywheel, master, & throw out bearing from oreillys. Everything works great even pulling the occasional load that’s more than what’s appropriate for a half ton.