1997 k3500 nv4500 4x4 clutch line silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackjack24

Reaction score
Hi there I have a 96 chevy 2500 with a 97 k3500 nv4500 in it the exaughst got hot on the clutch line and it blew when I pushed the clutch down , it has a internal slave cylinder and it has tons of hydraulic pressure on it ,I can't have enough arm force to click in in the hose fitting and put the clip in ,I've tried to take a bleeder gun to the valve and manually do it that way on the bleeder valve because the clutch pedal won't do any good bleeding it as the line connects to both , could I have messed up the slave cylinder I have a new one what do I need to look for on the new one compared to the one that's in the truck as I can't see the entire old one ,I would hate to split the transmission again , I need info and help thanks

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Is it a pre-bled type where you just plug in the hose to the master? I think you already tried cracking the bleeder to release the pressure or did I read that wrong?