Clutch not moving at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just bought a 93 k3500 6.5 and the clutch line was blown when I bought it. Replaced the master, slave, and line, and bled my system. When i put it all back together and tried to press the clutch down it bent the rod to the master. Removed master and tried pressing the piston with a screwdriver and it won't move at all. I'm thinking my fork is seized for some reason. The truck was sitting for a while before I bought it. I really don't want to have to drop my tranny. I've had the slave in and out a bunch to bleed it, to check it was seated correctly and to ensure the piston was moving.
Is there anything else I can do before I just take a hammer, stick a rod in the slave hole and just start whacking it to try to get my fork to move?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You bled it and was ok, I assume? Can you manually move the fork? Try a new master first if it is frozen.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't think you understand the problem. Fork is not moving. Master and slave are fine
Your descriptions are lacking. You said, "Removed master and tried pressing the piston with a screwdriver and it won't move at all" and now you are saying master is fine. You say the rod is bent and master will not move and that makes me think you have a bad master cylinder. If you cannot move the fork, then you have to remove the tranny and inspect, whether you want to or not.

Reaction score
I assume my pivot bearing had not been properly lubricated and seized due to sitting for so long. I sprayed a bunch of PB in there yesterday and ima try to force it to move. Was just hoping someone had a better idea
Your descriptions are lacking. You said, "Removed master and tried pressing the piston with a screwdriver and it won't move at all" and now you are saying master is fine. You say the rod is bent and master will not move and that makes me think you have a bad master cylinder. If you cannot move the fork, then you have to remove the tranny and inspect, whether you want to or not.
I also said new master, slave and line.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you cannot move the fork, then you have to remove the tranny and inspect, whether you want to or not.
This. DO NOT FORCE IT.

Did you have the transmission out, or did you replace all the hydraulics externally? It sounds like your shift fork got monkeyed with and the release bearing slid too far forward and is now cocked on the input shaft bearing retainer. You might be able to jimmy it into place, but more likely you'll have to pull the transmission down. If so, take the time to clean, inspect, and relube the bearing retainer.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This is what you said, "Replaced the master, slave, and line, and bled my system. When i put it all back together and tried to press the clutch down it bent the rod to the master. Removed master and tried pressing the piston with a screwdriver and it won't move at all."

This tells me the master cylinder is new and then you removed master cylinder, after the problem of the bent rod, and you found it would not move at all. Again, going off what you said.

I am just gonna say it, like @Erik the Awful said, pull the transmission, whether you want to or not. C'mon man!

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remove the inspection cover, that will expose the parts you want to look at. GENTLY take a prybar and see it you can leverage the fork and Throw out bearing .. (did I mention GENTLY) Maybe spray the bearing retainer with wd 40....that could help