Transmission not shifting/clutch not disengaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JozefRoberts

Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy k2500 4x4 with a NV4500, I recently had an issue when driving home where it became hard to shift, I was able to make it home and saw some fluid coming from the master cylinder inside the cab, I replaced that and was not able to shift at all. I inspect the clutch fork and noticed the fork and pivot ball both had significant damage, replaced both of those and still can't shift. I read on here that lifting the rear axle off the ground helps with the bleeding procedure so I did that, and when my truck is off the ground, it shifts fine, put it back on the ground and it won't shift at all. Any ideas?

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I replaced my master/slave on Frank in 30 minutes from beginning to end and couldn't believe how well it went together. And it was pre-bled too!
@ Summit Racing LUK-CRS015

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Won't go into gear from stop with clutch in? Won't go into next gear when shifting and moving? Any new noise? What do call significant damage, what kind, terrorists, log, corrosion, bent in half. When you push the clutch pedal down does the fork move?

JozefRoberts

Reaction score
Started having issues this past Sunday. No new noises, won't go into gear from a stop but if I start it in gear it will shift all the gears. New slave cylinder about a month ago and a new master cylinder this past Monday. New clutch set and flywheel when I put the new motor in November 2023. When the rear axle is off the ground, it shifts fine from a stop, but the rear tires spin when the clutch is on the floor

JozefRoberts

Reaction score
When I push the clutch in, I can see the fork moving through the inspection hole, it goes just past the inspection hole at full clutch