Decided to build a sub box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I have some NOS fog lights to install on this truck and will need to run the wires up and into the dash to the fog light switch. when I do that I will fix this ground loop. this is low on the priority list so that's why I made a note. haha I will forget!

Al

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you very much Ehall! I appreciate that info very much. I mean obviously I still have the ground loop problem, I'm just filtering out that frequency and if I was using regular speakers this is not a very good solution. SOOOO ya Iv been wondering about it. I can crank the stereo and there is no humm of the trucks engine whatsoever and it sounds amazing. I wonder how the older sub will sound. I'm going to write myself a note and stick it somewhere in the truck so that one day I can fix the ground loop! like if I have another reason to pull the dash apart.... I know its not hard to pop the radio out but I'm not going to tare into just to do that.

thanks for the info I appreciate it soooooo much! I gave up on that ground loop like 3 years ago. I had no idea I even had that LPF switch at all.

CHEERS!

Yep u hook an amp up for the door speakers nd I'll get a NASTY alternator whine...like said below, factory ground is garbage! Most of em actually use the antenna as a ground!