CCSB sub box build - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to go with a behind the seat box. I sprayed the inside with a rubber coating from rustoleum after caulking. My subs should arrive before lunch and hopefully I can finish by the weekend. I forgot to take pics when I started so here is where I am at:

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Last edited:

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work. Like how you made it one unit. Impossible to steal, and looks great to boot. Pics of finished product and install, por favor...

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I am gonna mount the amp between the two boxes. I went with memphis shallow dual 4 ohm 12"s and a memphis PR1.1000 amp. I have searched everywhere for the 12s, cheapest online was 199 each at woofersetc. I really didnt want to use them bc they arent an authorized dealer. I made a list of dealers around my area and started calling. Most places were 239-269. I found a shop about 45 min away that had em for 150 each! I am goin to get em today!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Don't you have to have a certain amount of air space behind the woofers?

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each box has .723 cu.ft. Subs require a mimimum of .55. As far as clearance behind sub, at the top will be 1/2 inch

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked subs up yesterday. Got the flush mount baffles done today. Hopefully I can get a lot more done tomorrow. Here are some pis of the subs and flush mount baffles:
You must be registered for see images attach