Busurban Touch Up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought me a nice, nearly rust free, '98 Burb k1500 with manually shifted 4wd, wind up windows, and 3 bench seats.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice looking truck, but it does have a little bit of rust in the passenger side lower quarter/rocker. So on my day off, I decided to start working on it.

First I cut out the biggest rust hole, wire brushed the inside, and sprayed some rust reformer.

Then I pulled out where the last owner jack-knifed a trailer and welded it back together.

Next I banged down where it was bubbling up, and filled that with weld.

(I know it's ugly, but it may last a bit longer then just filling it with bondo)

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know these welds look like ****, but all I got to work with is this cheapo flux core harbor freight welder

Now I just made and welded in the patch, so my next move will to go get some fiberglass filler and start packing her.

Then I'm probably going to get a code 9792 spray can made up and finish the job.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I put some fiberglass filler over the rear lower quarter.

And also put some over my patch on the front lower quarter (I just lap welded a piece from behind).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Its painted now, but there are still a few things I need to do to finish this up.

I just used some Duplicolor spray cans, since I'm not going to spend $200 at my local paint store for all the proper reducers/hardeners/paint/clearcoat to run through my ****** primer gun.
(I only take it out when I paint a car with tractor paint).

I am going to have to wetsand the clear in order to blend it correctly, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is for sure one repair that won't fall off the truck when you hit a bump. Hey the HF flux core has gotten more than one guy into welding including me. They have a new DC model that is really good and no i don't have any HF stock. Good job.