New Steering Wheel - Finishing Touches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That grant wheel looks pretty sweet. The grip design looks more sporty/ comfortable. It is quite obvious that the airbag color does not match up with the rest of the wheel that would bother me a bit.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Grant has a leather steering wheel for the 95 style up wheel and retains the airbag

As far as I know, both of the Grant airbag wheels (large and small center) for our trucks are discontinued unfortunately. I emailed Grant directly a while back and got that info. It's a shame because they were great.

Are the Grant wheels original looking?

As Altecta mentioned the grip is slightly different, there's a couple of raised areas on the sides that weren't there from the factory. It's a very subtle change though.

It is quite obvious that the airbag color does not match up with the rest of the wheel that would bother me a bit.

The pictures online make that seem much worse than it is IMO, it's a pretty close match. This is the 61031 in my red '97.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive seen a few of the rant on Ebay and Amazon

If you have, they were almost certainly old stock clearing out. Grant told me via email that they were discontinued a few months ago. I just searched eBay and Amazon and I can't find any listings for the 61031 (large center) or 61034 (small center). I think the supply has pretty much dried up.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hrmm strange.. Maybe check Jegs or Summit, someone with large inventories.... Worse comes to worse check with Motorstate Distribution. They are the largest Performance parts warehouse in the US. If all else fails, get a Hub adapter from MOMO or Grant (you want the one with the large rubber bellows) for a Squarebody GM... remove airbag and wheel as normal, put a 5 ohm resister in place of the airbag (this shuts the airbag light off) and run any Steering wheel you want..... Grant,Momo, Sparco......

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would it take to make the airbag work for the cadillac steering wheel?