New Steering Wheel - Finishing Touches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budwisr6

Reaction score
My 95 2-door Tahoe has been what my wife calls my passion project.
The only thing left on my list to change is the steering wheel which is 29 years old and looks like its 49 years old.
I have a dash bezel out of an Escalade so it has the wood trim, and I am looking at a installing a steering wheel that has the same wood trim. The problem I am running into is my truck is a 1995, and the wheels I have been able to find are from 1999-2002, but look identical to the 1995 wheel.
With that being said, I understand that the airbags in the 1995 are larger than those in 98 and up models.
Assuming I buy this steering wheel, I know I will have to find the airbag, and the clock spring too. My question is will the harness for the 1995 plug into the newer style harness of 1998 - 2002?
This where the information I have searched for comes up short.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I too wish there was cool steering wheels for the 95, damn that airgag lol

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before I go that route I did see a cadillac steering wheel that has wood grain top & bottom. I want find a good deal on one for my truck so I can dye the leather & wood black