Fill in / smooth out sides ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermott

Reaction score
I have acquired 98 C1500 from central Florida. It has about 200,000 miles on it , and mechanical it’s in better than average condition. What makes me excited about this truck is that there is absolutely no rust , it has less corrosion than most 5 year old vehicles.
I’m looking to customize the body slightly for a smooth and clean look .
Starting with removing the molding as a start , but I think that welding in strips to fill in the side body lines ( top and bottom ) would be subtle and classy looking ( if done correctly) . I haven’t been able to find any pictures of this being done before? I wouldn’t think I’m the only one to have this idea .

You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone seen this done or possibly have pictures of this done ?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have acquired 98 C1500 from central Florida. It has about 200,000 miles on it , and mechanical it’s in better than average condition. What makes me excited about this truck is that there is absolutely no rust , it has less corrosion than most 5 year old vehicles.
Starting with removing the molding as a start , but I think that welding in strips to fill in the side body lines ( top and bottom ) would be subtle and classy looking ( if done correctly) . I haven’t been able to find any pictures of this being done before? I wouldn’t think I’m the only one to have this idea .

I know I've seen it done in a magazine years ago, it looked pretty dang slick.
I think classics by Bernt did it. But he was a magician with body work.
I have thought about doing the same thing for years. I just know I don't have the skills to do it, yet!!! Lol
If you have skills with a welder, I'd say try it.
And LOTS of pictures!!!!

McDermott

Reaction score
ultimately planning a mild 2/4 drop , adding 15x10 wheels with 295/50/15 tires . This should give it a aggressive sporty look that I’m going after

That’s a pic of the wheels and tires on a truck at the stock height ( not

Mine ). Im seriously looking into making a fender and bedsides wider ( like a wide body kit on a tuner car ) to match the wider wheel . I know you can go the fender flare route, but I’m looking to showcase some of my own metal work . I have found a picture of a concept truck with “wide body” alteration that is something close to my idea .

Again I’m not thinking that radical but something along those lines . Any thoughts ?

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2/4 drop? I would use 18in wheels with correct offset and back spacing so they are tucked in, no stone chips. And a more professional look to it. unless you flare it like the Kandy truck you posted. Wheels protruded out look more like a 4x4

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I seen it on SEMA builds....

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

is that the 98 ya bought picture to be?