Trailblazer seats in gmt400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anybody done this? I am thinking of putting seats like the ones in this picture in mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

My truck has the 60/40 bench. I hate that seat. Every time that the truck moves you feel like you are gonna slide off of it. That and the bouncing.... Hate it.

I really like the seats that have been in both of my f150's, but they are expensive and I worry about the electrical bs. I rarely ever move my seat once I find the right adjustment - no real need for anything fancy. Just looking for comfortable, and something that holds you in place when you drive more assertively than grandma.

This brings me to these buckets from a 2003 Trailblazer. Has anybody done the swap, or have any input on the trailblazer seats?

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done it. Mine were from a later envoy. They were not a direct replacement. In the trailblazer platform the center side of the seats kinda go up the trans tunnel if I remember correctly. I had to get some steel and fabricate mounts for both seats.

Mine were electric and had the computer in each one that the bcm talked to, so I had to rewire them both to the switches.

I loved the driver's seat when I first did it, but my original seats were awful. The pipes in the backs were broken.
Now my foam is all played out in the driver's seat, and I had my brother drive on a long road trip, the longest I had ever sat in the passenger seat, it doesn't feel like it belongs. It's hard to explain. And I have absolutely no access to the back seat except over the center console. Didn't think it would be as big of a deal as it is, but it's really hard to get anything in and out of there.

If I had it to do again, which I may in the future, I'd get some seats out of a monte carlo or something and mount to the original bottoms. There are only 4 nuts or bolts that mount the chair to the bottom. Just have to make sure you find a seat that has a removable bottom also. You'd be way ahead getting a different seat than the trailblazer ones IMHO. But it can be done. I'll see if I can find the pics I took when I did it.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seat photos
Here are the photos I had of when I did mine. Don't mind all the auto part boxes in the cab.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I feel like the seats in our Envoy are a little lower than my 400 seats. I'm guessing you've struck out on finding decent 400 seats?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you about the seat belts. The body mount versus the seat contained belts.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the original body mount that was in the truck. Didn't want to take it all out of the truck, and didn't want two sets, so I removed them from the seats.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, thinking about it, I would have kept the original body belts.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel like the seats in our Envoy are a little lower than my 400 seats. I'm guessing you've struck out on finding decent 400 seats?

I bought the seats in the picture in the first post for $100. They are close to the same height (of my OEM seats) on the outside track, inside track is lower. I will probably cut the bottom tracks off of each side, and weld them to the OEM bottom frame work.

I actually haven't found any gmt400 seats that I like - they all seem too bouncy, and just a bit odd shaped. Many people love them, I don't.