Trailblazer seats in gmt400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's your truck, but I suggest before welding on your original bottoms, try to find some out of a car that come off the bottoms also. If you have a pick your own part yard they don't usually cost very much. You might be able to sell the TB seats if you find a nice set

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's your truck, but I suggest before welding on your original bottoms, try to find some out of a car that come off the bottoms also. If you have a pick your own part yard they don't usually cost very much. You might be able to sell the TB seats if you find a nice set

Thanks, but after posting this thread I went to the local yard and sat in a bunch of different vehicles. That made my mind up that these seats are what I wanted.

Part of the reason that I am cutting/welding the OEM lowers is so that the passenger side can slide forward similar to OEM. We have 2 medium sized dogs that need to get back there. We use this truck to pull our camper, with a 30'ish hour long trip coming up in a couple weeks. Not much time...

Last edited:

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep in mind any added height. Mine seemed higher than the original when I was done. Also I suggest taking measurements of clearance behind the seat before removing the originals. My envoy seats were thicker in the back than my originals. You might screw a 2*4 to the inboard side to make it level, and set it in there to moch it up before committing on final placement.

I hope you are happy with them after they are installed. I think you might be better off fabricating a bracket similar to what I did than incorporating the original lower on that seat. I think it will be difficult to avoid additional height.

Just my $.02

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, thinking about if you have split bench, with no console, your dog could probably go through the center. Takes a little getting used to no arm rests.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, thinking about if you have split bench, with no console, your dog could probably go through the center. Takes a little getting used to no arm rests.

This is what I am going to do.

I was able to mount the drivers seat track forward so that you have the seat adjusted most of the way back while driving. I did the opposite with the passenger seat, mounted the tracks as far back as possible. When driving, the passenger will adjust the seat most of the way forward. This allows a nice open area (when the passenger seat is adjusted all the way back) to load the dogs/put stuff in the back.

I made a small 3" wide armrest for each side that also has a cup holder - mounted permanently to my new framework on the base of the seat.

Part of what made me scrap the OEM passenger seat track welded to the new seat idea was the space problem that you referred to. Another problem is the OEM track is so sloppy that the seat rocks on it.

Thanks again for following along. My truck is going to be better on the next trip!

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should add some photos. Nothing like a trip to figure out if you love it or hate it.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach