Fill in / smooth out sides ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermott

Reaction score
2/4 drop? I would use 18in wheels with correct offset and back spacing so they are tucked in, no stone chips. And a more professional look to it. unless you flare it like the Kandy truck you posted. Wheels protruded out look more like a 4x4
I would flare it so the wider wheels and tires would have a stock looking placement . I know the modern styling is big rims , little tires all tucked up neat and tidy but I’m kinda old school and like the look of the 295/50/15 sidewall height, and width.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss seeing trucks like those regularly
All I have are old internet photos and magazines. When I went to shows more often you’d still see them. Haven’t gone in years.
Maybe keep the top line on the bed to keep the bottom the the windows looking correct and not out of place.
I would agree. Shaving them all is not for me. The top body line is just great in stock form.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would flare it so the wider wheels and tires would have a stock looking placement . I know the modern styling is big rims , little tires all tucked up neat and tidy but I’m kinda old school and like the look of the 295/50/15 sidewall height, and width.
Ok, I was looking at this pic you posted. Just has a 4x4 attitude look to it? And 60's style offset.

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpeg
    IMG_6231.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 3

McDermott

Reaction score
I googled “OBS shaved body lines” and found these.
Thanks for that , I could only find 20,000 pics of trucks with the rubber molding removed lol .
Looking at those pics I’m not sure anymore . The top line removal does look odd around the side windows . Looking at my truck welding in a filler looks challenging at best and easy to completely screw up how the glass molding sits . Bottom line removal … I don’t know anymore … it looks “bubbly” I’ll have to play with some template board and just stare at it for a few hours . I appreciate the input.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that , I could only find 20,000 pics of trucks with the rubber molding removed lol .
Looking at those pics I’m not sure anymore . The top line removal does look odd around the side windows . Looking at my truck welding in a filler looks challenging at best and easy to completely screw up how the glass molding sits . Bottom line removal … I don’t know anymore … it looks “bubbly” I’ll have to play with some template board and just stare at it for a few hours . I appreciate the input.
You’re welcome. 20 years ago there were probably a lot more trucks running around with body work like we’re talking about. Now people like to keep the lines intact.

McDermott

Reaction score
So the pics Fancy TBI posted are all out show quality.. Is that to be your goal end?
I don’t know about show quality, I was looking to customize something. I’m a truck guy , haven’t owned a “car” in 20 years probably and it just seems like it would be fitting. That truck being an amazingly preserved, rust free truck would be a great “canvas” to try do something cool . I’ve been a mechanic most of my life , then 2020 came around and I went out of business . That gave me the opportunity to try something different and I went to work at a collision repair shop . The moment the owner learned I could weld he had me welding panels and such . So I got a lot practice with 16-20 gauge sheet metal lol .

McDermott

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this idea .
So currently the rear of the truck with painted tailgate and bumper .
You must be registered for see images attach

I like the roll pan look and planned on adding one , and removing the bumper. But when I have been looking at ideas I see a truck with taillight delete and put them in the roll pan . Kinda gives it a sports car , dare I say “Corvette look” I would however run the exhaust through the roll pan … I really like that look .
Keep in mind this truck is just transportation and fun for me . I have a 1 ton dually if I need to tow or haul anything . I know there’s a hidden hitch avail that goes behind a flip up license plate door , but I don’t need to tow with this truck .
Any thought , ideas or suggestions on that .

Attachments

• IMG_6239.jpeg
    IMG_6239.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 17