Fill in / smooth out sides ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this idea .
So currently the rear of the truck with painted tailgate and bumper .
You must be registered for see images attach

I like the roll pan look and planned on adding one , and removing the bumper. But when I have been looking at ideas I see a truck with taillight delete and put them in the roll pan . Kinda gives it a sports car , dare I say “Corvette look” I would however run the exhaust through the roll pan … I really like that look .
Keep in mind this truck is just transportation and fun for me . I have a 1 ton dually if I need to tow or haul anything . I know there’s a hidden hitch avail that goes behind a flip up license plate door , but I don’t need to tow with this truck .
Any thought , ideas or suggestions on that .
my old 95 k1500 4x4 I did shave tailgate handle, my roll pan was plastic one, not metal. I molded it at seam on sides. Just me but never cared for rally stripes at rear, but I do have them on my cowl hood of my 89 c1500.

Attachments

• 8_zps3icdhmdz.jpg
    8_zps3icdhmdz.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 16

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My two cents, it’s easy to go real overboard with modifications. Sometimes less is more and actually stands out better.

Your truck though, you should definitely do what you want with it.
in the end NOTHING matters what anyone else thinks, only if your happy with it.

Attachments

• lessons learned.jpg
    lessons learned.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 11

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have acquired 98 C1500 from central Florida. It has about 200,000 miles on it , and mechanical it’s in better than average condition. What makes me excited about this truck is that there is absolutely no rust , it has less corrosion than most 5 year old vehicles.
I’m looking to customize the body slightly for a smooth and clean look .
Starting with removing the molding as a start , but I think that welding in strips to fill in the side body lines ( top and bottom ) would be subtle and classy looking ( if done correctly) . I haven’t been able to find any pictures of this being done before? I wouldn’t think I’m the only one to have this idea .

You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone seen this done or possibly have pictures of this done ?
Haven't read through the thread yet but I will jump at the chance to say I have seen it done and it looks AWFUL. Watched the guy do it and thought the whole time, man, that's a lot of work for dubious outcome.. then once finished, I thought, wow that's a truck nobody else is ever gonna want. Surely my opinion, but I bet I'm not alone.

Richard

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do something like I’m doing, keeping the factory lines going but 3” wider per side. Haven’t figured out what I’m doing with the bed yet but it does not look proportional to the front end and will need some body work to match.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 17