BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little more work done to it, last weekend I buttoned up the dash; I'll need to replace the multifunction switch and remove a couple brackets from the brake controller, this weekend I put in the new driver's door handle and removed some extra wiring
I'm sick of buying trucks with hokey wiring but at least I'm good enough at wiring now to solve said issues.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drove it around my buddy's farm some more. I can't take it out on the road until it gets new tires, the front BFGs are date-coded 2007 and are so dry rotted you can fit the tip of a flatheaded screwdriver in the gaps; the backs are date coded 2009 and are only slightly dry rotted but I still don't trust them.

I'm missing the back bolt on the hood, that's why it's sitting so funky. It won't latch because it lifts off the hood hinge and pivots. Super annoying. I'll need to make a junkyard run and grab all the missing bolts so I can get everything put back and tightened down, missing the radiator support bolts as well as half the hardware for the shroud.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also! Needs new batteries! I got these in June? July? I can't remember honestly; and considering they sat around in the truck until about December, and weren't finally hooked up until January only to be boosted and forced to crank MULTIPLE times, they're probably in dire need of a good charging or a good replacement.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Noice. Yeah I fired up a 6.5 from a 1994 dually.
They had the IP wiring wrong. They ordered some Chinese IP harness and couldn’t figure it out. Parked the truck for 4 years.
I got her brought her home and got her going.
Few odds and ends and bee bopped around town for a bit.
Then tore the engine out and sold it off.
I am doing a 12v/nv4500 for sure.
Also have the BW4401. Debating on replacing it for the 241 but not set on it yet. It’s a right pain in the arse to remove the bolts mounting the BW4401 to the trans. Pretty much had to pull the trans crossmember and lower it (trans) as far as I could to access the bolt. Even then I was blind and using a stubby. Took all I had to break it loose. On that note it was too tight but I just prefer the studs and nut style of the 241s

Another note I DO love the 6.5s and if mine was mechanical I’d have kept it.
But then 6.5s are just so limited to what they can handle.

Also edit to add.
Ether spins up that crank too fast and ends up destroying the flywheel. The block doesn’t blow up every time but you will spin the fly faster than the starter and have a hell of a time replacing parts. Glad to see you won at Russian roulette

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Noice. Yeah I fired up a 6.5 from a 1994 dually.
They had the IP wiring wrong. They ordered some Chinese IP harness and couldn’t figure it out. Parked the truck for 4 years.
I got her brought her home and got her going.
Few odds and ends and bee bopped around town for a bit.
Then tore the engine out and sold it off.
I am doing a 12v/nv4500 for sure.
Also have the BW4401. Debating on replacing it for the 241 but not set on it yet. It’s a right pain in the arse to remove the bolts mounting the BW4401 to the trans. Pretty much had to pull the trans crossmember and lower it (trans) as far as I could to access the bolt. Even then I was blind and using a stubby. Took all I had to break it loose. On that note it was too tight but I just prefer the studs and nut style of the 241s

Another note I DO love the 6.5s and if mine was mechanical I’d have kept it.
But then 6.5s are just so limited to what they can handle.

Also edit to add.
Ether spins up that crank too fast and ends up destroying the flywheel. The block doesn’t blow up every time but you will spin the fly faster than the starter and have a hell of a time replacing parts. Glad to see you won at Russian roulette
I had my worries with having the Ether Bunny visit, but I'm glad to see it hasn't resulted in a negative way! Work wise, most of the towing I'm going to do with the truck won't be extraordinary, mainly camper pulling and hauling trucks and other junkers.
I'm planning on keeping the Borg Warner T-case; heavy duty is more gooder; but I've debated 241 swapping my 96 to get away from the push-button.
12-Valve/built 80E is the long-term plan but damn this 6.5L runs decent. I'll throw some quality reliability and some performance parts so I can play around with it.
Plus, I'll have desirable parts I'll be able to sell once the Detroit is pulled

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my worries with having the Ether Bunny visit, but I'm glad to see it hasn't resulted in a negative way! Work wise, most of the towing I'm going to do with the truck won't be extraordinary, mainly camper pulling and hauling trucks and other junkers.
I'm planning on keeping the Borg Warner T-case; heavy duty is more gooder; but I've debated 241 swapping my 96 to get away from the push-button.
12-Valve/built 80E is the long-term plan but damn this 6.5L runs decent. I'll throw some quality reliability and some performance parts so I can play around with it.
Plus, I'll have desirable parts I'll be able to sell once the Detroit is pulled
Dunno what they go for in your area, but mine sole for 2k damn near stock in less than a week.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These CCLB C/K3500s are so nice. I hadn't driven mine in a long time...

Decided I needed the long bed Chebby to haul 12 panels of 8'x6' wood fence 'cause my 1500 6.5' wasn't going to cut it. No problem!

They sure do ride smoother with some weight in the bed!

Attachments

• IMG_20220325_201002992.jpg
    IMG_20220325_201002992.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These CCLB C/K3500s are so nice. I hadn't driven mine in a long time...

Decided I needed the long bed Chebby to haul 12 panels of 8'x6' wood fence 'cause my 1500 6.5' wasn't going to cut it. No problem!

They sure do ride smoother with some weight in the bed!
I love my ECSB K2500; and the 6 foot bed worked out just fine for 75% of everything I've done, but nothing beats a full 8 foot bed.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I remember my first dually (1975 C30 CCLBDRW Camper Special) riding nicer with 2 pallets of softener salt or a pallet of concrete.
And my 2003 Silverado 1500 ECSB dragging the bumper on the ground with 3 bags of groceries in the back!

We loaded Wwaaaayyy too much ceramic tile (2000 square feet worth) in the bed biased as much as possible to the front and the ABS lost it's mind because the back tires were "D" shaped w/80 psi in them.