BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Drove it around my buddy's farm some more. I can't take it out on the road until it gets new tires, the front BFGs are date-coded 2007 and are so dry rotted you can fit the tip of a flatheaded screwdriver in the gaps; the backs are date coded 2009 and are only slightly dry rotted but I still don't trust them.
What part of NC are you located in. I've got a set of eagle alloys on my k2500 Suburban that I'd be interested in swapping for the PYOs if you're interested. Not sure on the date code for the tires but can check that and get tread depths if needed, as well as more photos.
You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What part of NC are you located in. I've got a set of eagle alloys on my k2500 Suburban that I'd be interested in swapping for the PYOs if you're interested. Not sure on the date code for the tires but can check that and get tread depths if needed, as well as more photos.
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm just outside of Salisbury, and the truck is just outside of Rockwell at my buddy's shop; are you sure you want to straight up trade? The tires on the PY0s are shot,

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just outside of Salisbury, and the truck is just outside of Rockwell at my buddy's shop; are you sure you want to straight up trade? The tires on the PY0s are shot,
I'd prefer to get some cash as well since the coopers have good tread and a lot of miles left. Or if you want wheels alone, i can pull the tires and get rid of them separately. My goal is to go closer to stock size from the 305/75R16 so i can decrank the t-bars and get a better ride. (Currently on the bump stops from PO.)

Maybe we should move to a PM? If we make a deal I'd prefer to meet roughly halfway. I'm outside of Winchester Va.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They sure do ride smoother with some weight in the bed!
You ain't kidding.

When I get loads of dirt or cinder blocks in the back of mine it feels like I'm driving a car most of the time. Thank goodness I upgraded the brakes because I forget sometimes I have a full load in the bed and need to stop at some point.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snatched up some tires a couple weeks ago; they'll get me by until I can scrape up some money for new tires. I'm eyeing another set of Eagle Alloy rims, but I'm undecided on tires; torn between a set of Treadwright 285s or another set of BFGs.
Starting to fall back into a slump on this truck, but it's so close to being on the road I'm trying to force progress.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Snatched up some tires a couple weeks ago; they'll get me by until I can scrape up some money for new tires. I'm eyeing another set of Eagle Alloy rims, but I'm undecided on tires; torn between a set of Treadwright 285s or another set of BFGs.
Starting to fall back into a slump on this truck, but it's so close to being on the road I'm trying to force progress.

Don't forget about the Cooper AT3.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't forget about the Cooper AT3.
KO2s!!! or Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.
I don't know how I feel about AT3; literally everything I've heard is that it's a top notch tire, but I don't like the way they look, and I don't know why I don't like the way they look. I do however love the ST Maxx, so that may be an option
Dont get tread wrongs unless its offroad/farm only. I had them and they're heavy and wore out of round.
I was just thinking about Treadwright since @PolarBear has them on his latest truck, and from what he said it's a fairly good quality tire

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about AT3; literally everything I've heard is that it's a top notch tire, but I don't like the way they look, and I don't know why I don't like the way they look. I do however love the ST Maxx, so that may be an option

I was just thinking about Treadwright since @PolarBear has them on his latest truck, and from what he said it's a fairly good quality tire
I run the ST Maxx in 255/85... and really like them