BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I've owned this truck for almost a year now and haven't really done anything I think it's high-time I got the ball rolling. Saved from a junkyard last May, it's mainly been a fixture at my friend's shop; I believe the story on how it got to the junkyard is it was impounded by a neighboring city due to new ordinances regarding "derelict" vehicles, and around that time the previous owner or someone driving the truck filled it up with gas.
So, in an effort to fix it, it wound up out on a street or in a yard with the fuel filter housing and a bunch of other brackets removed; it caught the attention of city workers and boom, to the impound yard.
The challenge now is getting the sumbitch running. I haven't had time to mess with it other than moving it around here and there, so it's resurrection is long overdue.

Here's the specs; 2000 Chevy K3500 CCLB, 6.5L Turbo Diesel/4L80E auto, and I think a Borg-Warner 4401 T-case. 9.25 front diff, 14-bolt full float with 4.10s and an open diff. Yuck. Truck is all stock aside from a 4" straight pipe.
It's got some bumps and bruises, a few dents here and there; and the bed has some areas that are pretty hacked up like the permanently affixed gooseneck hitch. All will be addressed in time, short term is getting it running right, get it cleaned up, fix all the hack job work done by the PO's, tow mirrors, bags, lighted visor, all the basic 400 mods, and find some Eagle Alloys for it to replace the PY0s.
Long term is an Air-Dog, HX35 turbo swap, and more than likely a Cummins swap. In the meantime I'll be doing little things to the 6.5L to make it run a little better, probably not anything more than the HX35 and a tune though.
You must be registered for see images attach

It's still dirty, I hauled off two trash bags of just **** from the bed; a lot of concrete working stuff.

The inside is almost as clean, and probably a lot cleaner than my 96.

It's got some bumps and bruises like I said, but it'll clean up really quickly once I get my ass in gear. I'm excited to have dream truck #2 in my roster now,

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe hotwire the lift pump to drain the tank? Splash some diesel in and huff starting fluid down its throat until it lights off.
That's the plan, I've got a pretty good degree of confidence on it firing off; my only big concern is the damage the gas has done to the fuel system from sitting so long

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slow progress is still progress right?
Working on cleaning up wiring and re-installing fuses and relays, they must've been the only things swiped off the truck when it hit the yard.
Let me tell you, there's a trend with me and owning trucks with hokey-poke wiring. The red truck had some severely questionable wiring; and this one isn't one to disappoint either! Sketchy sub wiring and sketchy trailer brake wiring. I got the subwoofer wires removed aside from a few random grounds I couldn't get to, hopefully next weekend I can get the trailer brake wiring cleaned up and get the parts truck brought over for it.