BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about AT3; literally everything I've heard is that it's a top notch tire, but I don't like the way they look, and I don't know why I don't like the way they look. I do however love the ST Maxx, so that may be an option

I was just thinking about Treadwright since @PolarBear has them on his latest truck, and from what he said it's a fairly good quality tire
I will say these Treadwright's that use the old BFG All-Terrain pattern are the single best acting A/T tires i've ever ran on a truck. Their traction is 5x better than the Falken, Cooper & Goodyear's i've previously ran.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about AT3; literally everything I've heard is that it's a top notch tire, but I don't like the way they look, and I don't know why I don't like the way they look. I do however love the ST Maxx, so that may be an option

I was just thinking about Treadwright since @PolarBear has them on his latest truck, and from what he said it's a fairly good quality tire

They don't look as cool as the Duratracs for sure, that aspect had to grow on me. We'll see how they wear.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They don't look as cool as the Duratracs for sure, that aspect had to grow on me. We'll see how they wear.
Like I said, everything I've heard is nothing but positive; plus I heard they wear like iron.
Duratracs may be an option as well; apparently they're the same as my Kelly Safaris, and I've been super impressed with them so far

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Like I said, everything I've heard is nothing but positive; plus I heard they wear like iron.
Duratracs may be an option as well; apparently they're the same as my Kelly Safaris, and I've been super impressed with them so far

Cool thing... Treadwright makes a Duratrac tread too...

This is the old Duratrac tread.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool thing... Treadwright makes a Duratrac tread too...

This is the old Duratrac tread.

I didn't know that was what the Duratrac used to look like; I always thought they called that the MTR,

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score

I've had both and I think the Duratracs are nice but not as tough by any stretch as the ST Maxx

They are HEAVY and super hard. But you won't ever struggle with punctures that's for sure.

I had them on a midsized tacoma for about 3 years and they wore awesome, but were almost too hard and heavy for that sized truck. I wish I could run them on my 3/4 ton and see how they do.

Just found this thread and I love it man! Great color.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No pics since I was busy helping my friend haul cars this weekend; but grabbed a new set of batteries. The old reman batteries I had bit the dust so I snagged two new DieHards.
So far so good, it's cranking super strong now; I think those old batteries weren't enough to begin with. My buddy also swapped on the new tires this weekend as well, so now I owe him some beer and spicy food.

Hoping to bring the truck home in the next week or so, I've got a list of stuff that needs to be done before it's roadworthy. Shouldn't be too hard to get it shaped up though.

I should also add, May 14th marked a year that my brother and I saved this truck from the junkyard. Truth be told, I was hoping to have it on the road and driving by now but buying a house and planning for a wedding sure does eat up a lot of time!