'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a few things I'm needing to do on the 6.0. Has trouble starting sometimes due to the pinched fuel line, so I plan on relocating the corvette fuel filter to the stock filter location, routing the supply and return into it using compression fittings to -6an hose with quick connects (reuse the 2 -6an I have from factory fuel lines to corvette filter now), add a fuel composition sensor, and run a single -6an hose to the fuel rail. I would like to replace the pump with a 450lph pump so I can run e85 and/or boost later down the road.
I'm also debating on replacing my one muffler that has broke apart inside and rattles bad or just cutting the mufflers off and putting pipe in their place.
Other than that, the 6.0 is doing very well and the trans has taken everything I've thrown at it so far. 0-60 is in the low 5's now. I plan to run it at the local 1/8th mile track to see what times itll put down.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a fuel composition sensor and upgrading to a 340lph pump to run e85 on the suburban. Either that, or adding a dry shot system with a 100 shot of N2O. I'm thinking of eventually boosting the 6.0 by means of a centrifugal supercharger for simplicity.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I just have to say, this exact threat, and your beautiful Suburban are the exact reason that I decided I really wanted a Suburban myself.
After searching for for almost 4 years, I finally found one that was very nearly perfect, and almost exactly what I would have ordered when she was new.
Thank you Sir for the inspiration!

Edit: pic is from the day I bought her back in February.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just have to say, this exact threat, and your beautiful Suburban are the exact reason that I decided I really wanted a Suburban myself.
After searching for for almost 4 years, I finally found one that was very nearly perfect, and almost exactly what I would have ordered when she was new.
Thank you Sir for the inspiration!

Awesome congrats... your gonna love the suburban I think. There awesome trucks...

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it really that easy? I'm now very curious.
Cut a hole in the floor for the shifter, some wiring or pcm setting changes possibly, install floor shifter trim piece. I'm sure its a bit more involved but you get the idea.

Edit: No personal experience just going off what I've read.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut a hole in the floor for the shifter, some wiring or pcm setting changes possibly, install floor shifter trim piece. I'm sure its a bit more involved but you get the idea.

Edit: No personal experience just going off what I've read.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

X2 no experience mine 2wd. But funny thing. Take off the carpet and you'll see the wires by the hump... they have the 194 connectors lol . I wanted to test it to see if it works but I was like nahhh