99 suburban k1500 6 lug drums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my front end

Attachments

• IMG_2045.jpeg
    IMG_2045.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2048.jpeg
    IMG_2048.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2049.jpeg
    IMG_2049.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 5

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm assuming that drop of oil hanging off the diff housing is engine oil, e.g., from the engine oil filter above during service, or other.
Nope. Filter is far back. Thats diff oil. Also has a leak at the cv axel input on the diff driver side. Are those seals easy to fix?

Has another leak at the timing belt cover and engine oil pan. On the timing cover arc, i didn’t add enough silicone to seal it when i did the timing chain.

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpeg
    IMG_2051.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 5

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was me. As an added bonus, if you have a mechanic near you who does rotor/drum turning you can have them checked and corrected if necessary before installation. I have this done every time, I don't trust anything straight out of the box anymore when it comes to drums and rotors.
I ended up using my old drums(pretty new, a few months old).

I took them to a mechanic shop right across from my house (10 seconds walking distance) and got them turned for $20/each.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I ended up using my old drums(pretty new, a few months old).

I took them to a mechanic shop right across from my house (10 seconds walking distance) and got them turned for $20/each.
WOW, back in the day I charged $4 for drums and $8 for rotors, had an ammco 3000 lathe. That was a heavy sumbitch to move, took 4 people to pick it up.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to post here for a while but i’ve been dealing with other issues.

After install of all brake components, I bled all the lines starting from rear right, rear left, front right and front left.

My brake pedal is squishy but with enough pressure It stops where I want to stop, most of stopping point being far down.

With previous brake set up, it wasn’t like this, firmer pedal.

Would abs bleed fix this?

Both calipers are new

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll have to lift it up and double check, but i’m pretty sure I adjusted them properly prior to doing the front brakes.

Also it’s been doing this for as long as I can remember, when turning into an L, for example from the street into my driveway and I brake, my brakes pulsate /vibrate and truck just keeps going without stopping. I have to straighten steering wheel a bit for brakes to engage.

I’ve read thats normal and it has to do with the abs not locking the wheels.

Any idea?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also it’s been doing this for as long as I can remember, when turning into an L, for example from the street into my driveway and I brake, my brakes pulsate /vibrate and truck just keeps going without stopping. I have to straighten steering wheel a bit for brakes to engage.
Mine don’t do this. Also, I don’t have any brake issues or pedal height/squishy feeling. Where did you hear abs activating on any “L” turn is normal?