'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The installation instructions want you to bypass the radiator trans cooler in the event a cross leak would occur and gunk up your trans with antifreeze. It'll void the warranty if that happens. I figure worst case, I'll upgrade to a tru cool 40k if this one doesn't keep it as cool as I'd like it to. Plus I'm running a cheap $60 radiator too.

That's dumb IMO, but if you wanna keep the warranty gotta play by their rules. I'd watch the trans temp before going too crazy with the cooler. The reason I say it's dumb is because it's gonna run stone cold in the winter.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's dumb IMO, but if you wanna keep the warranty gotta play by their rules. I'd watch the trans temp before going too crazy with the cooler. The reason I say it's dumb is because it's gonna run stone cold in the winter.
After the warranty runs out, and after my current radiator messes up, I'll probably get a Champion aluminum radiator that wknt be as prone to cross leaks. If temperature is an issue in the winter, then I'll route it through the radiator again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
After the warranty runs out, and after my current radiator messes up, I'll probably get a Champion aluminum radiator that wknt be as prone to cross leaks. If temperature is an issue in the winter, then I'll route it through the radiator again.

Mine with stock cooling hits 100 maybe 120 empty in the winter.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the new trans cooler installed. That was much easier than I expected. Here are some pics of the stock compared to the H7B, and compared to the Hayden Trans Saver cooler that was included with the trans.
I have to unload my new suburban and then load my 6.0 up to take it to the shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Provided all goes well, I should be getting Storm back tomorrow! The shop I'm having do the work is a family friends shop we always go to for work. They found out that the last dealership almost crushed my fuel line between the bellhousing and the engine, one of the dealerships stripped a couple bolt holes in the block and put helicoils in them, and my flexplate had cracked.