'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll probably have my tuner do it. May have him adjust a couple things to just to help fuel mileage as well while he's at it. I wasnt too impressed with Black Bear the last time I used them when I originally swapped my 6.0 in. Plus I could just take it straight to him and not have to send my pcm off.
I kept my original pcm for a spare and just had them mail me a new one. Hopefully you hash it out pretty easily, I ended up changing the ignition switch,getting new keys,and new wire harness going to the ignition switch before figuring out that module. Then eBay was the only place I could find that had new ones.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kept my original pcm for a spare and just had them mail me a new one. Hopefully you hash it out pretty easily, I ended up changing the ignition switch,getting new keys,and new wire harness going to the ignition switch before figuring out that module. Then eBay was the only place I could find that had new ones.

Where is this module located?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question on the passlock sensor... if my 6.0 Suburban has VATS disabled in the tune, and I swap out the passlock sensor from it to my new Suburban, I shouldn't have any issues using the bad sensor on my 6.0 burb since it VATS is disabled, right? Trying to save $150 bucks and get it running as cheaply as I can.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Question on the passlock sensor... if my 6.0 Suburban has VATS disabled in the tune, and I swap out the passlock sensor from it to my new Suburban, I shouldn't have any issues using the bad sensor on my 6.0 burb since it VATS is disabled, right? Trying to save $150 bucks and get it running as cheaply as I can.
I would think you shouldn't have any problems, but let us know what happens when you do. If it hasn't happened to your truck, it will....this is 20+ years old circuit boards that get rattled apart.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped out the passlock sensor with the one from my 6.0 burb, did the relearn procedure, and the security light still stayed on solid and never flashed. Still wont stay running and throwing the security code p1626. I guess I'll take it to my tuner to get VATS disabled on it.
While I have the clockspring off of Storm, itll be a good time to add the clockspring for the radio controls so I can wire them up. I accidentally pulled the airbag wires from the clockspring on Stratus when removing the wheel, so I'll reinstall my old clockspring on it. The joy of having 2 GMT400s .

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Taking Storm to the shop on Friday to get her new trans installed as well. Still waiting on it to ship out, but hopefully it'll be in this week. The last of my parts for the trans swap came in today, so now I have everything save for the trans.

You must be registered for see images attach