'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got Stratus home today, gave it a quick wash, and played with the dizzy and still no luck. Checked the codes and found the issue: P1626...
I've tried the passlock relearn procedure but the security light never flashes, just stays on solid. Checked the fuse and it's good as well. Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got Stratus home today, gave it a quick wash, and played with the dizzy and still no luck. Checked the codes and found the issue: P1626...
I've tried the passlock relearn procedure but the security light never flashes, just stays on solid. Checked the fuse and it's good as well. Any ideas?

Thats how my 98 did and the module under the dash was burnt up. Replaced it and was good to go but still had blackbear tune it out.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Do you have the original remote and key to that suburban?
If passlock gets goofy enough a remote doesn't help. Bought one for our Burb last summer and it "worked " for a week or two. Then it went back to doing what it wanted. No more issues after the tune out.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats how my 98 did and the module under the dash was burnt up. Replaced it and was good to go but still had blackbear tune it out.
I'll probably have my tuner do it. May have him adjust a couple things to just to help fuel mileage as well while he's at it. I wasnt too impressed with Black Bear the last time I used them when I originally swapped my 6.0 in. Plus I could just take it straight to him and not have to send my pcm off.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok jw if the truck thinks it's being tampered. Most likely the passlock, from what I've read and heard..But I know on mine if the remote doesn't turn off the alarm the key wont start it. Even if the doors are unlock and alarm not going off..