99 suburban k1500 6 lug drums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine don’t do this. Also, I don’t have any brake issues or pedal height/squishy feeling. Where did you hear abs activating on any “L” turn is normal?
I read it somewhere on google when I searched for the issue and also a friend mechanic.

By your comment i guess it’s not normal. I’ll record a video later

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potential weak signal from one or more wheel speed sensors. At low speed, one or more of the sensors quits providing an adequate signal, and then the ABS rightfully believes that wheel is skidding. ABS activates, blocks pressure to whichever wheel is "skidding", and likely relieves pressure on that wheel, also.

IF this is a vehicle speed sensor that also provides signal to the ABS, you'd lose both rear wheel brakes since it's a 3-channel system.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Potential weak signal from one or more wheel speed sensors. At low speed, one or more of the sensors quits providing an adequate signal, and then the ABS rightfully believes that wheel is skidding. ABS activates, blocks pressure to whichever wheel is "skidding", and likely relieves pressure on that wheel, also.

IF this is a vehicle speed sensor that also provides signal to the ABS, you'd lose both rear wheel brakes since it's a 3-channel system.
I replaced both speed sensors about 1 yr ago with some generic speed sensors, since I had the abs light. When turning all the way to either side sometimes the abs light comes on

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You are right on the money. Just got my obd2 scanner , purchased dash command and sure enough, after reading current codes it had a left wheel speed sensor fault.

Will monitor it for now, i do have a new moog wheel hub that comes with the speed sensor. Maybe that will be a project for when i get back from my 10 day work week. Will keep this thread updated soon enough

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
God bless the scan tool. MAJOR headache resolver.
As I pulled into my driveway i applied my brakes into my turn and there is was, pulsating and not stopping.

This is the code that followed

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4