'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
My favorite exhaust I've had so far was on my '96 Sierra K2500 with a 350 and NV4500

It was a dual in dual out Magnaflow that ran all the way to the back corners of the bed , angled up on a 45°, then down on a 90°, but stayed tucked behind the bumper, sort of like the old '60's and '70's GM muscle cars that had factory chambered tail pipes.

Not sure if it's technically safe to do that with a Burb, since the body runs all the way back to the bumper, but it looked and sounded perfect for my taste.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The more I study it, the more I'm liking the idea of a side exit in front of the rear tire on the passenger side. I think 2 4" double wall gloss black tips would look good tucked close to the rocker panel there. It would also help fron getting as many rock chips and be easier to keep clean too. Either that, or the same idea behind the tire.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The more I study it, the more I'm liking the idea of a side exit in front of the rear tire on the passenger side. I think 2 4" double wall gloss black tips would look good tucked close to the rocker panel there. It would also help fron getting as many rock chips and be easier to keep clean too. Either that, or the same idea behind the tire.

If you care becarful not to burn anybody lol. I wanted to do that too but I'm sure my mom, wife or son would accidentally touch it lol

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe I have decided to just route the tailpipes out behind the passenger rear tire. Looking at it, itll be in the way of the traction bars I want to get for it if I have the exit in front of the tire.
I installed my new fuel line and I am still having starting issues. Talked to my tuner about the timing when starting and he said it is good. He said it could be an injector staying open or a faulty cam position sensor. The injectors were installed new in Apri, and the cam position sensor was installed when my transmission was installed. After doing some research, it may be the check valve in the fuel pump. I planned on upgrading to a 340LPH pump anyways to support E85.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as the weather holds out, I'll be hitting the track Friday evening! I need to rotate tires first so I have better tread on my rear passenger side (too many one wheel burnouts when launching LOL). I'm expecting to run low 9's in the 1/8th after seeing my buddies rcsb 2014 ram 5.7 hemi run 9.7s with exhaust, air intake, and handheld tune.

Should I purchase an Eaton Detroit True Trac or an Eaton Posi LSD for my 9.5" 14 bolt? I'm considering going to 4.11 gears as well for better acceleration and driving around town.

Dravec

Reaction score
As long as the weather holds out, I'll be hitting the track Friday evening! I need to rotate tires first so I have better tread on my rear passenger side (too many one wheel burnouts when launching LOL). I'm expecting to run low 9's in the 1/8th after seeing my buddies rcsb 2014 ram 5.7 hemi run 9.7s with exhaust, air intake, and handheld tune.

Should I purchase an Eaton Detroit True Trac or an Eaton Posi LSD for my 9.5" 14 bolt? I'm considering going to 4.11 gears as well for better acceleration and driving around town.

The True Trac seems to be pretty popular. One that garnered my attention is the Auburn Select-a-Loc. It appears to be a limited slip WITH a selectable electronic locker

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I'd say if you're gonna spend the money, go with the TrueTrac; I know that's what I'll be going with when I regear.

The True Trac seems to be pretty popular. One that garnered my attention is the Auburn Select-a-Loc. It appears to be a limited slip WITH a selectable electronic locker

Selectable locker you say?

Dravec

Reaction score