'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Cut a hole in the floor for the shifter, some wiring or pcm setting changes possibly, install floor shifter trim piece. I'm sure its a bit more involved but you get the idea.

Edit: No personal experience just going off what I've read.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll look into doing this in the future, most likely. I've already had some issues with the AutoTrac.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 no experience mine 2wd. But funny thing. Take off the carpet and you'll see the wires by the hump... the have the 194 connectors lo . I wanted to test it to see if it works but I was light nahhh
Those connectors work. I used that wiring to add cuo holder lights when I had an escalade console in my suburban.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
@Stepside_fever95

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize in advance for all the ideas it seems like I'm gonna steal from you over the next few months and years. :lol:

You've basically just done nearly all the ideas I've had over the last several years but never realized myself. It's been so much fun to live vicariously through your wonderful Rig.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just have to say, this exact threat, and your beautiful Suburban are the exact reason that I decided I really wanted a Suburban myself.
After searching for for almost 4 years, I finally found one that was very nearly perfect, and almost exactly what I would have ordered when she was new.
Thank you Sir for the inspiration!

Edit: pic is from the day I bought her back in February.

You must be registered for see images attach
That a nice looking Suburban! And thank you for taking time to follow my thread!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Stepside_fever95

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize in advance for all the ideas it seems like I'm gonna steal from you over the next few months and years. :lol:

You've basically just done nearly all the ideas I've had over the last several years but never realized myself. It's been so much fun to live vicariously through your wonderful Rig.
No need to apologize haha. I'm glad mine can be an inspiration for what you want to do to yours! Feel free to ask any questions too, that's what the forum is here for.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel line and fuel composition sensor came in yesterday. I'm very impressed with the quality of the Hot Rod Fuel Hose PTFE braided line and fittings.

After studying about it, I do not believe the pinched fuel line is my issue, as it was pinched before the shop installed my Performabuilt 4l60e. I didn't have issues with starting before then. I did take my pcm to my tuner for some adjustments for the new transmission and 3000 stall. I bet it's something to do with timing when the engine is starting, so I'm going to have him to look into it and adjust a few things with the transmission shifting as well. While I'm there, I'll have him fix the pcm so the fuel composition sensor will function. I'm looking foward to seeing what I'll pick up with better fuel flow and e85.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Over the last week, one of my mufflers had started to develop a rattle to the point where it was louder than the audible exhaust itself. I decided to cut both mufflers off, remove the tailpipes, and install 2 turn downs temporarily until I figure out what direction I want to go with my exhaust. I'm pretty set on the Carven R mufflers, but I'm not sure if I want to dump it behind the axle, run them out behind the tires like before, dual tips, 2 out the passenger side, etc. I'm kind of liking the hidden look of not having tips at the moment, but it drones pretty badly being dumped right under the rear passenger door.