4L70E install and extracurricular stupidity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that's high that's just a vette servo 7 3-4 clutches and a double roller sprag. do you have any local builders?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on the local builders... I had a guy here rebuild one of my 4L60Es with a ton of upgraded parts. Guaranteed more than what comes in that GM performance 4L70E. Including removal and reinstallation he charged me about $2600.

@rhino helped me pick the internals, I'd message him if you have any specific questions. Guy knows his stuff, and will get you amazing prices on trans parts.

mistaake

Reaction score
doesn't seem like a bad deal when it costs me $3k to get a stock rebuild on a 4l60e here in marin.

mistaake

Reaction score
Have you somewhere outside your area. that much would get me enough to hold 500hp-600tq
I would not pay that price. I would pick up a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty reman unit from O'Reilly for $1300 and pay however much to have it put in. No way I'm paying $2500+labor for the same thing and only have a one year 10k warranty or whatever it was.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
O'Reilly builds a transmission to hold 495 lb ft of torque?

I had a nice 2 year old rebuilt Trans in her before I put the HT383E in.....some folks wouldn't spend the money on that either. that transmission went in 3k miles......yes I have a huge cooler too, my foot just liv3s on the floor....gotta be able to pass these foreign ***** on NYC highways.......

My biggest issue was I needed it done NOW.....and a reputable shop was more than this cost and 3 weeks out.....plus I got a $200 black Friday rebate.......no justifying my choice, just facts.