4L70E install and extracurricular stupidity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
let's agree to disagree as to the best course of action for replacing/buying/building a transmission for our beloved beasts........i know i like to look at pictures so i'll post the ones i have, in no particular order.

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

fitting the old TCI Breakaway converter i bought when i put the new 383 in......came to find out it could NOT be used

when i originally bought the engine and converter i SPECIFICALLY asked if it would be able to go into a GM 4L70E when it came time to buy one....2 guys said it would work. i bought this one because it was $450 with the same specs as the GM Performance one meant for this combo........man, they were wrong.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
after realizing the input shafts were different i called TCI to ask some questions.....i gave them all the info i had and at that point they STILL said they didn't see why it wouldn't work.

then i called Hughes Performance......still not wanting to spend the almost $900 on the GM converter. Mitch over there said he had one on the shelf that would bolt right up to the parts i had......explained the input shaft differences and all.....so i next day aired the one he had............i had to get back to the city for an appointment with my surgeon to be cleared....next day air...easypeasy, no problem...i'll be driving back, right?

WRONG!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

in and out

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

ya learn something new everyfrikkinday........