4L80 swap tips and tricks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeremyNH

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went to the tune repository. There is only one tune for the 2002 van and it is for a 5.7L/4L80e (1249079920). The 4Lo shift points are not enabled. I also have the tune for the 2002 Silverado 6.0L 4x4 that does have 4Lo shift points. I checked and they both have the same OS so you could just segment swap. My truck has 24x so uses a 2002 LM7 tune as base but I used the 6.0L tune to segment swap for 4L80e control when I swapped to a 4L80e two years ago. To call me a novice tuner is an insult to novice tuners but it went without a hitch. I would think it would work for you. I could send you the two tunes I have (they're both stock) but the repository is pretty easy to search if you want to obtain yourself.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went to the tune repository. There is only one tune for the 2002 van and it is for a 5.7L/4L80e (1249079920). The 4Lo shift points are not enabled. I also have the tune for the 2002 Silverado 6.0L 4x4 that does have 4Lo shift points. I checked and they both have the same OS so you could just segment swap. My truck has 24x so uses a 2002 LM7 tune as base but I used the 6.0L tune to segment swap for 4L80e control when I swapped to a 4L80e two years ago. To call me a novice tuner is an insult to novice tuners but it went without a hitch. I would think it would work for you. I could send you the two tunes I have (they're both stock) but the repository is pretty easy to search if you want to obtain yourself.
Man I really appreciate that! I was having a lot of trouble finding what I needed. If you wouldn't mind, I'd be grateful!

I'm also going to look into that thread that Supercharged111 linked

Thanks for all your help guys.