4L80 swap tips and tricks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah agreed. I believe the tube will fit and light up, but the dipstick itself won't be the right length. Or maybe the right length with the wrong indicator marking position. I believe someone on this forum took some pictures and measurements for this.

Dipstick should be the same between 60E and 80E, if I understand correctly it looks like the length of the fill tube determines where the indicator markings sit in the pan.

Here's diagrams for 60E and 80E fill tubes from Nemiga, notice the dipstick part number is the same for everything but there are a few different fill tubes depending on application.

60E (M30):
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/04/tc04-033/

80E (MT1):
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/04/tc04-089/

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dipstick should be the same between 60E and 80E, if I understand correctly it looks like the length of the fill tube determines where the indicator markings sit in the pan.

Here's diagrams for 60E and 80E fill tubes from Nemiga, notice the dipstick part number is the same for everything but there are a few different fill tubes depending on application.

60E (M30):
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/04/tc04-033/

80E (MT1):
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/04/tc04-089/
Oh that's interesting! Thanks for linking those! I wish they were available for purchase dang it. I really don't like the one I have.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Welp, I tried, but cannot find any 4wd versions of this tune. I went through a lot of them today and have been unsuccessful.

I don't think you will, hence the need to change your OS. My dually has the crappy OS but that's on my short list to change.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think you will, hence the need to change your OS. My dually has the crappy OS but that's on my short list to change.
No, I get you, but I can't find one to change to that has all three criteria. 4wd, 4l80, and 5.7L. I even thought Of changing to a 6.0L 4WD 4L80 tune and swapping in a 5.7L, but can't find a usable 5.7L segment that matches the 6.0L OS.

So frustrating! lolol

Shoulda LS swapped LOL

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No, I get you, but I can't find one to change to that has all three criteria. 4wd, 4l80, and 5.7L. I even thought Of changing to a 6.0L 4WD 4L80 tune and swapping in a 5.7L, but can't find a usable 5.7L segment that matches the 6.0L OS.

So frustrating! lolol

Shoulda LS swapped LOL

??? I don't think you're looking in the right places, you're far from the first to do this. @L31MaxExpress should have a 12212156 van tune in HPT format. Is your 6.0 4L80 4x4 tune the same OS? Even still, I know HPT has the 4lo stuff unlocked to just turn on.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
??? I don't think you're looking in the right places, you're far from the first to do this. @L31MaxExpress should have a 12212156 van tune in HPT format. Is your 6.0 4L80 4x4 tune the same OS? Even still, I know HPT has the 4lo stuff unlocked to just turn on.
I've been in contact with l31, but haven't heard back yet. Also, what does unlocked mean?

Can you give me some pointers? I can make the changes if I know what to change for sure. I'm not sure what to turn on and where.

I WANT TO LEARRRRRRNNNNNNN!

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been in contact with l31, but haven't heard back yet. Also, what does unlocked mean?

Can you give me some pointers? I can make the changes if I know what to change for sure. I'm not sure what to turn on and where.

I WANT TO LEARRRRRRNNNNNNN!

I have a screenshot of the 4lo stuff posted by @Mangonesailor in my build thread.