4L70E install and extracurricular stupidity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Did you bolt it up to the motor? or did you notice before bolting it up?
slid the converter on....and it went on........after trying to bot it together that's when it became apparent that an LS 4l70 won't just bolt to a Vortec motor without a kit or the "special" converter GM sells.......i believed all the people that said it would, but in the nd it came down to ordering and adapter kit from GM.

lots of wasted time and money....including the car i had to rent to get back to the city to be cleared for surgery later this week. glad it's only money. ya always hve to pay a toll for some type of education. i also changed the axle seals on the rear and found out the front differential is toast, needs a complete rebuild.....and the transfer case linkage modified to accomodate the different throw because of the spacer/adapter plate........LOL....****.

i will say this though....the truck runs fantastic. she shifts 100% better and sharper. the 2K stall converter works better with the cam in the 383....even with the 3.42 gears......

all in all, i'm real happy with the end result..........come the spring i'll be rebuilding the entire braking system....also either swapping in a 14 bolt semi-floater or doing disk brakes and chromo shafts. either way she's getting a selectable locker out back.....i'll drive her around a bit and see what i see....may be just fine with how's she's geared now.....a dyno tune is the first thing i'll do if i keep the gearing the way it is. she's real quick, i'll say that.

Last edited:

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would also like to know your engine specs because I will one day hopefully build me a motor and really don't what to go completely over board

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's the little upholstered roller skate i rented...50 mpg!
You must be registered for see images attach

i do love this truck though
You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a little more than I'm looking to spend I plan on a grand total around that and plan to swap to a ramjet style intake. hoping for about 400hp 500tq. like I said though I don't have the money at all right now