4L70E install and extracurricular stupidity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

before i pulled the trigger on another Chevy Performance piece, i re-did some of the research i did when i chose the GM HT383E to replace the blown stock L31.....i knew i'd need to buy a more robust unit to handle the big increase in torque output..... and sure enoough in 3K miles i was needing another unit....i found and considered this company, but after some due diligence i crossed them off the list.

https://monster-transmission.pissedconsumer.com/

http://www.chevyk5blazer.com/forums/showthread.php?7020-Monster-Transmissions-post-your-experiences

kinda turned me off.....and there are more negative reviews to be found.

my truck was made in MI, i figured i'd keep most of the upgrades to GM parts......i do the same thing with good, proper Harley parts...and i build some wild engines.

if you had a good experience with Monster, kudos to you man.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That's a little more than I'm looking to spend I plan on a grand total around that and plan to swap to a ramjet style intake. hoping for about 400hp 500tq. like I said though I don't have the money at all right now

i figured that by the time i bought a stock replacement and upgraded it a bit i'd be in the same ballpark as this crate engine.......another big consideration for me was i didn't have the time or the place to do the work myself....add to that i have way too many nuts, bolts, pins, plates and such in my body..so doing the job wasn't an option due to my physical maladies and limittions......besides, i'm a believer in increased stroke for low end torque. all my high performance Harley engines are strokers....and that philosophy carries over to any internal combustion engine imo.

i am going to have this combo tuned for more power(because i'm a junkie like that), but as she sits now she's plenty powerful and fast enough for what i need her to do.....i didn't think i would be as impressed as i am with this combo.....after all it's basically a daily driver...not a dedicated rock crawler, mud truck or tow rig.

after 31 years on Harleys and 36 years in GM trucks i've come to realize the most important thing when building something is to be as HONEST with yourself as possible as to how you will use the subject vehicle....THAT will help determine the recipe for said build.....often times less is more when all things are considered.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine will be a daily driver until I get something else but I really want more than one rig will do. I want a good performing truck. I understand that 4 wheel drives going fast is kinda like fat people (myself included) running at a buffet I just wanna be the first fat person at the buffet. really and truly I'm like Ricky Bobby I just wanna go fast

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Mine will be a daily driver until I get something else but I really want more than one rig will do. I want a good performing truck. I understand that 4 wheel drives going fast is kinda like fat people (myself included) running at a buffet I just wanna be the first fat person at the buffet. really and truly I'm like Ricky Bobby I just wanna go fast

my reasoning for this build/combo wasn't so much to go fast as to have the power to pass and get out of the way of "drivers" where i live......unless you've ever driven on NYC highways and the roads in and around the surrounding area you wouldn't understand what i mean.........it's like fu@kin Beruit on a good day.

this ******** has more forign fu@ks on the road than you can shake a stick at.(60% of the"residents" weren't born in this country). these turds didn't have SHOES where they came from, now they have cars and some even have a driver's license. some even speak English! last week they were wearing sandals riding a donkey or camel, this week they're wearing the same sandals driving a taxi or delivery truck.......go call the PC police, i could care less.

my goal is to get around these idiots driving below the posted limit in the left lane....they also conspire against Americans by pacing each other across all lanes.......you can play football on the highway in front of these ***** and the power is necessary to get in FRONT of said meat whistles when opportunity presents itself..........i feel like i'm on a different planet since i moved back here in '02....and nobody gave me the damned brochure.

twas worth the extra money to me to replace the stock L31 350 with the much more powerful and responsive HT383E.....mine is setup as my daily driver.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We got a lot of the same stuff just smaller scale here in Arkansas. we also have people pulling trailers at with no lights but it's ok because they have there flashers on and the trailer is wider than the truck. around here legal Mexicans equal foot on the floor. illegal Mexicans equal 40mpg on the freeway