10 bolt limited slip to open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tloc2290

Reaction score
Correct. 1500 w/F44 package gets the 9.5" 14 bolt and more spring.

OP, swap that 14 bolt over, be sure grab the u-bolt saddles, and some new u-bolts. You'll need a conversion u-joint or the driveshaft from the other truck if it's same wheelbase/transmission.

Richard
Thanks for the response Richard. Definitely seems like the 14 bolt is the popular opinion here. 2 quick questions: will the spring perches have to be moved, and will the driveshaft need to be shortened? The donor does not have the driveshaft

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Richard. Definitely seems like the 14 bolt is the popular opinion here. 2 quick questions: will the spring perches have to be moved, and will the driveshaft need to be shortened? The donor does not have the driveshaft
It's been covered on this forum a bunch including u-joint part #'s. No moving of spring perches if both trucks are gmt400's. It does need to also be from a 4x4 or the width of the overall rear end will be wrong (2WD is narrower)

Richard

tloc2290

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m back with an update on my 14 bolt swap. Everything went fine for the most part, other than having to try 3 different U joints before I got the right one. I have one big issue. This is probably my fault because I didn’t check it, but after talking to everyone on here and online, I just assumed it was a direct swap, which it pretty much was. But it is definitely narrower than my 10 bolt. My truck is 4wd and the donor truck was 4wd, but my springs now rub on my tires. Is there anything I can do? I’m running out of money and patience on this project. Thanks for the help

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might place a straight edge across axle hub outside flange measure to leaf springs, compare new axle to old 10 bolt.
Or measure outside axle ( wheel flange surface ) across to same other side? Then wheel spacers ?