10 bolt limited slip to open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, that looks like a width difference, likely a 2wd 14 bolt. Oops! Just throw on a set of bolt-on spacers, say 2", and drive it.
You sure the 14 bolt came from from a 400 truck? Not a Square body or Express van?
Hopefully you checked the gear ratios between the old and new rear axles? Mismatched axles will be a real problem the first time you get fiesty...
Ask me what 3.73 in the front and 3.42 in the back was like (for just one time in the snow until I could send the front out for rebuild)

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOMETHING is screwed-up. Likely the seller's description of the axle(s).

A 4WD GMT400 14-bolt semi-float 9.5" axle in place of a 4WD GMT400 10-bolt is a very common, direct-bolt-in swap using a 447 conversion U-joint. Even the GMT400 4WD Suburban axles will work although they have mounts for a sway-bar you wouldn't need. If you're having problems with the U-joint AND the width...I bet that's NOT a GMT400 4WD 14-bolt semi-float axle.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Agreed with above, something wasn't advertised right.

And you can throw on some 2" wheel spacers and be fine. Just Please get the good brand name spacers, not the cheapest Amazon specials! There is a huge difference in quality! Believe me...

And re-torque them after some driving just to make sure everything is seated nicely.