What brand batteries are the longest lasting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a MotoBatt Dual Bank. I like the smart technology it has.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use Deltran Battery Tenders for maintenance charging and I love them, no complaints.

I also have a 10 amp Schumacher "Smart" charger that I bought years ago that is now falsely identifying good AGM batteries as failed ones. I have the same complaints about it as well, no "force charge" mode so it won't work with anything completely dead, and the "smart" features seem to be "I don't feel like working" features in reality.

Think I might try this one as a replacement, the NOCO Genius10.

www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3QT226

It has a "force charge" mode that will dump 10A of current for 30 minutes and then kick into whatever standard charging profile you have selected, so it should be able to revive a completely dead battery.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I've got an old (~2006ish) automatic 20 amp from sears that is known to overcharge and a newer "smart" charger i bought early this year. It seems to work well enough.

www.batterymart.com/p-pl2310-6-12-volt-2-6-10-amp-battery-charger.html

I'm pretty cautious about only charging one outside and away from where the kids play. One of my folks neighbor's lost a barn and 60 years worth of tools and farm equipment to a fire started by a battery and charger a few years back.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
It's already been discussed in this thread but this is my 'Force charge' unit. Set on DC EP. Depending on the size of the battery I go around 100 amps for around 5 minutes or until it starts boiling. Obviously NOT in a vehicle and NOT inside the garage. Nothing 'smart' about it, LOL!

Otherwise I have an older version of this charger. Works well and isnt throttled down with all those 'dont work' features.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Think I might try this one as a replacement, the NOCO Genius10.

www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3QT226

It has a "force charge" mode that will dump 10A of current for 30 minutes and then kick into whatever standard charging profile you have selected, so it should be able to revive a completely dead battery.

Have two Genius 1's, and like them quite a bit. It has the force charger feature too. I think I've used it once. Weirdly, it would not bring my truck battery up the last few tenths of a volt. No idea why, but the truck didn't seem to care.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have always had good luck with the Costco Interstate batteries. I usually get a few years out of them and the warranty is long enough that you actually get to use it sometimes, no questions asked.
Good to hear. I'm currently working in Costco doing demos, and noticed today that they have Interstate. I also asked one of the managers recently, if you needed to have a deluxe membership to have a warranty on the batteries. He said you do not, so I told him what the competition told me.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear. I'm currently working in Costco doing demos, and noticed today that they have Interstate. I also asked one of the managers recently, if you needed to have a deluxe membership to have a warranty on the batteries. He said you do not, so I told him what the competition told me.

I don't have the executive membership and I still get the warranty.