Replacement engine input, brands?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all about precision no matter how fast it goes. I like working with the old military stuff 7 X57,7.5 Swiss etc. I'm working up a wildcat now I call the 444-06. Knocks deer off their feet at 400yrds. It ain't quiet!

rangejunkie

Reaction score
It's all about precision no matter how fast it goes. I like working with the old military stuff 7 X57,7.5 Swiss etc. I'm working up a wildcat now I call the 444-06. Knocks deer off their feet at 400yrds. It ain't quiet!
Sounds interesting. I just dabble. I'm wanting to look into a 6br or gtx. I've shot some and they are sweet. But I mainly stick to common stuff.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine was getting closer and closer to 0 psi when it was hot at idle. for about a year or so I guess. it was a used engine with unknown milage and history.
15-40 rotella and 20-50 with some Lucas (whatever was on sale) got me by for a while. it would've still probably ran fine but I opted to have my local machine shop rebuild it. the timing chain was slapping around. grooved cylinder and chewed up bearings. it clattered like a diesel and smoked some.

here's some pictures when I torn mine down if you're interested
thread