Engine codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdslyde

Reaction score
Yes, I did unplug the timing wire when I set the timing at zero, then plugged it back in and reset computer.
Any advice on buying a scanning tool for this OBD1 truck to get started on the other recommendations?
It appears the code 33 has been fixed. I noticed the egr valve was not working at all. I took it off and pushed the diaphragm in and plugged the vacuum port. The diaphragm did not hole at all. I put a new one on and it looks like it fixed that code. I thought it was weird that code 33 was due to the egr valve though.

I still have code 43 (knock sensor) code to deal with.

cdslyde

Reaction score
It appears the code 33 has been fixed. I noticed the egr valve was not working at all. I took it off and pushed the diaphragm in and plugged the vacuum port. The diaphragm did not hole at all. I put a new one on and it looks like it fixed that code. I thought it was weird that code 33 was due to the egr valve though.

I still have code 43 (knock sensor) code to deal with.
Update:
I replaced the knock sensor and now I don't have any engine codes triggered. I did do some testing before replacing it. I couldn't get any AC voltage to read when through the sensor when tapping the sensor. Also I back probed the same wire at the other end where it goes into the ESC and when I touched the back probe with a light test that was connected to the positive battery post, it retarded the timing. This told me the system is working, but just a bad sensor.