The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of Amber LEDs in guages? Buddy of mine want to run them but isn't sure if he'll like the color or not.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of Amber LEDs in guages? Buddy of mine want to run them but isn't sure if he'll like the color or not.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone
Generally they are really dim in a cluster. I put a set in a truck awhile back and it did not look good. Looked like stock but darker.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know anything about headliners (yet). But if you need plastic to be warmer while removing you could leave the heater run for an hour or so to warm everything up in the cab.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a source for replacement seat foam for late GMT400? I can find lots of places that make new leather, but only one source for only the driver's side bottom foam? I've checked some of the OEM part places and none show this either.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a source for replacement seat foam for late GMT400? I can find lots of places that make new leather, but only one source for only the driver's side bottom foam? I've checked some of the OEM part places and none show this either.

Any good professional upholstery shop should be able to re-foam the seats for you.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, but that depends on finding a good upholstery shop (no idea where one is around here), plus I've always done this kind of stuff myself.. Just never had this much trouble sourcing the foam before..

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
speaking of the seat shop, they make replacement everything for leather seats, does anywhere make new arm rest covers for cloth?! my arm could use some new fabric

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You can make your own foam for the seats. I can help you with that.
You'll need a couple of special tools. They're not real expensive. Most you might already have.
Need a compressor though. But even that could be worked around, if you don't.
A cheap-ass pot style spray gun. $20.00? Some glue. 'Automotive Trim Adhesive'. Smallest size is one gallon.
An electric carving knife. The one for cutting up a turkey. $20.00 for a new one? I get 'em at the Sally Ann. $5-6.00. I burn out a couple a year. Check to make sure both blades are moving. That's a broken part inside. Not worth fixin'.
A woodwork style bandsaw is the perfect tool for cutting foam. Especially larger pieces. But not everyone has one of those just hangin' around!
Some felt pens. A long straight edge. A drywall ruler with the end piece knocked off. Or a Carpenter's 'T'.
Some Burlap.
A bunch of 'Hog-Rings' & the H/R pliers.
A good pair of scissors. If they'll be used just for this, there'e some pretty good ones out there for cheap. I spend just under $100.00 for mine, but they'll last 5 years of almost daily use/abuse.

Look up 'Upholstery Supplies' near you. Some of the bigger specific wharehouse guys require tax numbers or a Biz reggie to get in. Some are store front retailers. Around here, there are places called something like 'The FoamShop'. If they don't have most of what you need, they'll be able to get it. (From the big wharehouse guys! Of course!) They should have things like the glue on the shelf. Figure on a 30-40% mark-up in the store fronts. If you find an auto upholstery shop near you, they might be persuaded in selling you some of this stuff. Either way, if that doesn't help, I could get you some of it. I just can't ship any glue. Besides the foam, you could have all the stuff you need to do this for $100.00 or so.

If your willing to go that far, I'll get on to the foam part.

Here's a couple of pix. 1st just shows the different densities & how the foam was shaped.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the pic in my avy. Seat out of a '56 Ford F100. It's the original one that used to look like it was out of a school bus. The foam work was done with an electric turkey knife.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: