The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The truck that seat's in.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
speaking of the seat shop, they make replacement everything for leather seats, does anywhere make new arm rest covers for cloth?! my arm could use some new fabric

Kinda hard to get any of that original fabric new, now.
Go to a wrecker and get the material that's the same & goes around the base/sides of the rear seat cushion. The original cover is the pattern. Just take all that to any upholstery shop. They should be able to whip the cover up.
But...it is a major PitA to get those back on! I work all day doing this and my hands hurt after doing a couple of those cover installs!

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Stupid interior question...

Is there a part number for a replacement cigarette lighter?

93detroit

Reaction score
Does anyone have a close match to GM light smoke gray (rpo 13I) in a rattle can? I just repaired to small holes drilled in the dash and would like to get close to the original color if possible.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have a close match to GM light smoke gray (rpo 13I) in a rattle can? I just repaired to small holes drilled in the dash and would like to get close to the original color if possible.
Some auto parts stores can custom match it and put it in a rattle can. I think NAPA does it.

Freeman51b

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a good way to remove the door sill pieces. all the little screws are rusted and i cant seem to drill them out.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the 88/94 interior, how do you remove the chrome door handle? The spring in mine broke so it won't pull itself back to the door.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a good way to remove the door sill pieces. all the little screws are rusted and i cant seem to drill them out.

They can be tough! The screws rust themselves into the holes. The heads get filled with dirt.
Give 'em a spray with some PB Blaster or Move-it. Let that sit for a day or 2. Clean out those screw heads as much as possible.
Or just grab the sill & bust it off. Once that's off, the screws will be sitting above the metal part of the sill. This'll give you something to grab onto. The screws will probably still have some of the plastic around the screws. Either try to break that off or grab the screw & the plastic with a pair of vise-grips. Get those grips on there so that you're crushing the plastic tight to the screw.
These truck's sill plates are the same for the driver side & the passenger side. Grab one from the wreckers from a passenger side. Those are always in way better shape. Cheap & plentiful, too.

Last edited: