TBI injector tree.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure, maybe somewhere around 350?

Agreed, the 46mm throttle body is advertised at 650 CFM that will support a 5.7L to 6000RPM. The TBI peanut heads are a big part of the bottleneck as well as the cam and exhaust. These TBI heads flow better than Vortec with bigger valves and slant plugs.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-162108/overview/make/chevrolet

those kinda a copy of the lt-1 heads. 2.02 and 1.60 recipe has worked in a kazillion hot rod motors. but im surprised to see max lift at .480. but, if that is where max flow is, it is what it is.. saves lots of money that way. lol

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but im surprised to see max lift at .480. but, if that is where max flow is
It's because of the springs, you can change them out and go higher lift. I'm running a mild Lunati cam with 1.6 roller rockers which puts me at .466"/484" and still have plenty of clearance.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's because of the springs, you can change them out and go higher lift. I'm running a mild Lunati cam with 1.6 roller rockers which puts me at .466"/484" and still have plenty of clearance.

yes, machine work, and springs will allow higher lift, i am curious why they limited to .480 at that price? so, i assumed it was because there was no benefit to be had in terms of flow, so they saved the money.

wondering out loud has gotten me in trouble ALOT!!!!! lol

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but, IMO, higher spring pressures will wear more on a flat tappet cam plus, their 1.250" springs are cheaper too. BTW these heads are made by Trick Flow.

i saw that . higher spring pressure is bad on lots of things. its why builders are using lighter valves and beehive springs. they got tired of buying engines. ever see a head of a valve torn from the stem? broken rocker studs? rocker studs pulled from head? there use to be a saying, "it swallowed a valve ".

"their 1.250" springs are cheaper too." says a lot. would we expect more from such a well advertised company? cheap springs at 6000 rpm matched with poor harmonics equal many thousands in waste. not saying trick flow has this problem, just saying at those prices one would expect more.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have already purchased some dart platinum pro 1 chinese copy heads. It may sound strange but I am building it in a way for high performance, but keeping some things in there on purpose to keep the horsepower down. I am doing this because money is a limiting factor. I am keeping the power at a level so that I can run the stock fuel pump and not blow up the transmission. When those get changed, then I will change to headers and do something to the throttle body.

Reaction score
Hello there, I've talked to these guys on this TBI Conversion kit, it will work somewhat good on a bone stock 5.7lt motor, I've been looking for something for my motor (I have a 1988 Chevy 3500 Dually with a pumped 454 TBI motor), and these guys said that the system is still in the R&D stage there is no really tuning on it (they do have another setup that comes with a Regulater on it for I think it was something like $289, but my motor has alone over 60hrs. just into hogging out the heads, I have the "Comp. Cams" Computer Controled Hi-Po Grind, Comp Cams Spring, Keepers, Roller Rockers, the complete valve train kit, Edelbrock TBI Itake Manifold (thats all match ported), the TBI Riser plate, MSD 6-AL Ignition box, MSD Dist, MSD High output Coil, Doug Thorley Long Headers (with 3 1/2" Flow Master Exhaust System to the back! The Short Block has OEM std. Bore Sluggs with Chomemoly Rings, OEM std., std. Grind Crank all ballanced, Pete Jackson Gear Drive, Milling High Voloum Oil Pump, 8qt. Moroso kickout Oil Pan, External High Voloum Tranny and Motor Oil Cooler, etc, etc.! with all Smog Legal motor, putting out to the ground close to 570 hp. on pump gas (thats with a Full-Floater 14 bolt rear end with 4:10's in the rear, but the dude that I talked to said that their system has no tuning that can be done to itexcept for what it comes with and the Fuel Presser regulator, "THATS IT", and its notable to even put out for a 454ci demand, those things pretty much "SUCK"!!!!!! it looks like its really something but when it comes down to putting out, its li (e my ex-wife), aint worth a "KISS MY DICK"!!!!!!