Identifying TBI injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Comp268

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting a chip ordered for my son's truck, but I need to confirm what injectors are on it. One is marked 280 RI-279, the other is 290 RI-279. They appear to have been replaced at some point in it's previous life. I have not been able to find any info on these...does anyone have an idea?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We don't know what truck you have. Always start with , year, make, model, eng , trans. Just like at the parts counter. Or an order at Summit.

Comp268

Reaction score
It's a 94 K1500, someone had swapped in a built 350 vortec motor with an aftermarket vortec TBI intake but the engine was in bad shape when we got it. The previous owner said it had "oversized injectors" on it, but there was so much wrong that I don't really know whether to believe him or not.
I'm just trying to figure out what injectors this thing has so I can get a proper chip burned for this thing. And I haven't been able to cross reference these numbers with anything. There is no color codes on the injectors either. I guess I'm going to have to find someone that can flow test them

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oversized probably means 454 ones so they did not have to upgrade a FP, you could always buy GM ones off ebay.