Tbi no injector pulse and or tbi removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jheat

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post on here this is my 1988 chevy heavy half cheyenne has a 350 and a 700r4 when i got this truck it was known to have tbi issues and I've changed everything that I can think of and that the internet has said to make the injectors fire and they will not pulse the truck has great spark and is getting power to the injectors a full 12 volts and they will not pulse I'm looking for guidence and I've tried distrubtors I've tried different injectors I've tried ignition modules I've check that fuse for injectors I redid the words to the injectors and nothin changes. Again looking for anything that might help but if i can't think of anything what would be the best swap to from tbi for this truck

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/265980-tbi-removal/?do=findComment&comment=2650174
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello this is my first post on here this is my 1988 chevy heavy half cheyenne has a 350 and a 700r4 when i got this truck it was known to have tbi issues and I've changed everything that I can think of and that the internet has said to make the injectors fire and they will not pulse the truck has great spark and is getting power to the injectors a full 12 volts and they will not pulse I'm looking for guidence and I've tried distrubtors I've tried different injectors I've tried ignition modules I've check that fuse for injectors I redid the words to the injectors and nothin changes. Again looking for anything that might help but if i can't think of anything what would be the best swap to from tbi for this truck

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/265980-tbi-removal/?do=findComment&comment=2650174
You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome from Alberta Canada

You are going to have to be VERY specific about all you have done, a generic "I did everything" won't help the very smart group of people here guide you along.
Your going to have to tell us everything you have done to try and fix this.

But I'll start with a few things.

Do you have a scanner? A REAL one, not just a code reader that makes the light flash(CEL)
Is the truck showing any codes on the CEL? (Check engine light)
Do you know how to pull the codes off the light?
Is the fuel pump priming when the key turns on?
Have you put any voltage to the injectors while unplugged? Here a click?
Grounds....check EVERY one and make sure they are good, clean and tight.

This is a few of the things off the top of my head(It's 02:30 here and I just came down for a smoke)
If you haven't already, download the manual for your truck from the engine and performance section. They are in the sticky section.

Smarter people other than me will come along, but we need ALL the info you can give to get the help you need.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spark and no fuel and you have fuel pressure? Have you tried a little gas down the tb or a spray of starting fluid? Does it run and stay running if you give it a prime of gas and not start the next time? If a tps dies in the wfo signal the computer thinks you are trying to clear a flood and won't fire the injectors

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I was going to suggest a pickup coil problem but you said you swapped out the distributor but I gotta tell ya, I do not know what "redid the words to the injectors" means....

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
First, how did you verify spark? Did you use an HEI spark tester? if not you spark is still suspect.
I do not see that you verified the 2 second prime occured or verified that you have proper fuel pressure(9-13 PSI. is spec) closer to 13 psi is better.
What codes are present? Do you have access to a real scanner? you will need to verify that all of your sensors are with in spec and that the ECM is able to communicate with them. Are ALL of the grounds clean and tight, is there excesse resistance in any of the ground wires?
All of the the above will have to be addressed before anyone here can offer help.
Let use know what you find

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I was furious with myself when I saw that the fuse was blown...
Don't feel bad. EVERYONE who has worked on cars has some similar story, and often dozens if they're brave enough to come clean about 'em.

I'm courtin' milady, so naturally I have her watch me while I overhaul the Keihin 3-barrel carb from my '80 Honda Civic CVCC. I used to LOVE doing carb overhauls. What could be more fun than watching me dick with a complex carburetor?

I put it back together, and it's got a goofy driveability problem. So I p_iss and moan for about a week over why it bogs instead of goes.

I tell SWMBO about this, and she says "you put the flat washer on the wrong side of the lock washer" on some sub-assembly. I go out to the carb, swap the washers around, and...perfection. One piece of linkage was hanging-up instead of moving like it should, and she was sharp enough to notice that the assembly was different from the disassembly. If only she'd have told me as I was doing the assembly.